Crawlerz246

so got a Logitech G15 ...

crossed over into the unknown... got a Logitech G15, and I must say - the backlight isn't a bad idea... at all. and the buttons feels "rubberized", i.e. better. but enough about that...

I am liking the LCD idea (why anyone would pay over twice as much for a G17 I'll never know)... giving me game stats, music tracks, clock, FRAPS, etc. In my over 40GB music collection, very little stands out for me so I spend most of the time fast forwarding. herein i encontered a problem. apparently (as others have pointed out) the G15 isn't friends with WMP. it lags something awful. (yet for some unknown reason it insists on running it in the background at startup, eating my precious ( no, not ring ) RAM). so then I found it works well with winamp and downloaded that. I was never a fan and still am not a fan. I was wondering what can be done to either 1) go back entirely to WMP and make it so it wouldn't lag or 2) get rid of it in startup. it just seems redundunt at 84000K in the background - if I can't use it. at the same time I cannot wait 30-60sec for the track to switch.

so what do i do here?

Ok I googled and it seems this is a Logitech built in bug. noone has a fix.

BUT.... thru some trial and error I found that there indeed is a fix. see if this helps you.

turn off gadgets - G15 slideshow support.

that's it. back to my beloved WMP. winamp goes in the bin

Good job. I ordered a Logitech gaming keyboard when Windows 7 just came out. Since they didn't have drivers for it, I sent it back. The only thing that worries me about those Logitech gaming keyboards, though they are pretty kinky.

Good job. I ordered a Logitech gaming keyboard when Windows 7 just came out. Since they didn't have drivers for it, I sent it back. The only thing that worries me about those Logitech gaming keyboards, though they are pretty kinky.

I got se7en x64. not a problem. (I suppose they've updated since)

crossed over into the unknown... got a Logitech G15, and I must say - the backlight isn't a bad idea... at all. and the buttons feels "rubberized", i.e. better. but enough about that...

I am liking the LCD idea (why anyone would pay over twice as much for a G17 I'll never know)... giving me game stats, music tracks, clock, FRAPS, etc. In my over 40GB music collection, very little stands out for me so I spend most of the time fast forwarding. herein i encontered a problem. apparently (as others have pointed out) the G15 isn't friends with WMP. it lags something awful. (yet for some unknown reason it insists on running it in the background at startup, eating my precious ( no, not ring ) RAM). so then I found it works well with winamp and downloaded that. I was never a fan and still am not a fan. I was wondering what can be done to either 1) go back entirely to WMP and make it so it wouldn't lag or 2) get rid of it in startup. it just seems redundunt at 84000K in the background - if I can't use it. at the same time I cannot wait 30-60sec for the track to switch.

so what do i do here?

Get LCDSirReal. Uses less resources than anything else and provides more features than all the Logitech apps together.

http://www.linkdata.se/

lcdsirreal-vertical.png

I'm pretty sure thats two screenshots stacked on top of each other, mine is just the top half (or bottom half depending on what I tell each box to show)/