Should Mike Rowe Change His Website Title?

Vaelen2001

Should Mike Rowe Change his Website Title?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Should Mike Rowe Change his Website Title?

• Yes- It sounds too much like Microsoft
    • No- crap Microsoft. Mike should tell em to screw themselves.
    • Could Care less.

FIRST read this:

Teen agrees to change name of his Web site

SEATTLE -- A Canadian teen-ager whose Web site address bothered a certain giant software company will find a new home on the Web, Microsoft Corp. said Friday.

Mike Rowe, a 17-year-old resident of Victoria, British Columbia, has agreed to pick a new name for his Web site, www.mikerowesoft.com, Microsoft spokesman Jim Desler said.

Mike's father, Kim Rowe, confirmed that his son had struck an agreement with Microsoft. Rowe said his son could not be interviewed Friday because he had to study for final exams.

Desler said Microsoft would cover Mike's costs of changing to a new Web site, and help the teen get Microsoft certification training and other gifts, hoping to nuture "his interest in technology.

SECOND: Go HERE.

THIRD: Vote.

Edited by Vaelen2001

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I say that microsoft should screw them selves. I mean what are they worried about ? that MIKE ROWE will come out with an o/s and over take the market ? I mean what the heck guys seriously... Panzy . bill

I read about this the other day I thought it was funny but microsoft should go screw them selves. I think when I grow up I am going to sue any company who has a name that rhymes or is remotely similar to my name, Brandon. If it has an "andon" at the end, they will get sued because heck that is so close to my name. </\sarcasm>

Yet another blantant example of the big guy attempting to ride rough-shot over the little guy... MS Suck period! :P

But then again if this kid can make a nice little earner outta' the deal why not? <_<

i think microsoft was right in making him change the url. He obviously chose the name of the site for that very reason, that it sounded exactly like microsoft. There's tons of people out there that attempt to buy domain names that they feel others may want, and then sell them for profit. This guy was probably thinking, "well, either gates will pay me off, or i'll have a cool site name. either way i win." All you guys are just anti-Microsoft, and using your bias to come to your conclusion, instead of looking at the issue.

i think microsoft was right in making him change the url. He obviously chose the name of the site for that very reason, that it sounded exactly like microsoft. There's tons of people out there that attempt to buy domain names that they feel others may want, and then sell them for profit. This guy was probably thinking, "well, either gates will pay me off, or i'll have a cool site name. either way i win." All you guys are just anti-Microsoft, and using your bias to come to your conclusion, instead of looking at the issue.

that is true.. but i first thought his name was really mike rowe.... but if he chose it for that purpose of having that name or geting money he should change it