Sign in to follow this  
cjloki

Get Out And Vote

Voted this morning. In and out in 3 minutes. Gotta love living in a small town. :thumbsup:

Voted this morning. In and out in 3 minutes. Gotta love living in a small town. :thumbsup:

When I go early in the morning, I see smaller lines of older retired folks and college kids. When I go late in the afternoon, I see longer lines of everyone in-between those ages. Older folks may drive slow, but they vote fast. I was also in and out in 3 minutes.

fortunately, in our system as it is today, a blank vote is still a vote, uncounted....blank votes still make a difference for someone !

I'm done !, Job finished. My votes have been cast.....Harley !, Harley !, Harley !, Biker !, Biker !

I think it be a good option to add the none of the above vote to the ballet maybe if people knew that they could throw out candidates they didn't like and start a new election to get something better ones they'd be less likely to settle which never fixes anything.

Edited by fire_storm

I think it be a good option to add the none of the above vote to the ballet maybe if people knew that they could throw out candidates they didn't like and start a new election to get something better ones they'd be less likely to settle which never fixes anything.

:withstupid:

Voted early last week. Refused to do like most people and vote straight Party, I instead seemed to go 50% each way...

If you just voted none of the above, it would be as if you did not vote. There should be a 'reject candidates' option. I wonder how many elections we would go through in 1 election year? :evilgrin:

Thats what the write-in line is for. If you dont like the candidates, vote for someone else. You can vote for anyone you want. Yourself, your mom, Jimmy McMillan, anyone

I voted last Thursday, took maybe 5 minutes total just because it took a bit to get the stuff run through the system. I voted maybe 75/25 in regards to which party got more. Some stuff only had one candidate though. :lol:

I just voted. Pretty much straight party with one exception.

Side note, when the voting place is at a school, why don't they not have class that day? It took me longer to get in the parking lot (because parents were picking up kids) than it took me to vote. When I was in elementary school they always closed for election day so I didn't think about them having class.

I just voted. Pretty much straight party with one exception.

Side note, when the voting place is at a school, why don't they not have class that day? It took me longer to get in the parking lot (because parents were picking up kids) than it took me to vote. When I was in elementary school they always closed for election day so I didn't think about them having class.

Put that on the ballot. ;)

If you just voted none of the above, it would be as if you did not vote. There should be a 'reject candidates' option. I wonder how many elections we would go through in 1 election year? :evilgrin:

The official term is actually called None of the above like I said and it does what you described if there are enough people who vote the option there will be a new round of elections and the candidates who ran and failed to win can't run again untill the next series of elections in most cases and it is used many other countries around the world so it's not really a new concept.

Edited by fire_storm