i7 920 Bad!

In terms of "real world" applications, the SSD shines extremely well for this! My 80GB Intel x 2 SSD RAID 0 setup using Winrar takes seconds to unzip a 1080p movie, which are usually around +/- 8GB :D If I remember correctly the last 1080p movie took less than 30 seconds to unzip and transfer on my system :P

SSD shines maybe. But I'm talking about me having a 2TB harddisk that I store stuff on, when I'm extracting stuff stored on it, there is no way to make this process operate on the SSD, since then I had to transfer it to the SSD and back, and it would take long time, since the SSD is the only one that have fast speed.

SSD shines maybe. But I'm talking about me having a 2TB harddisk that I store stuff on, when I'm extracting stuff stored on it, there is no way to make this process operate on the SSD, since then I had to transfer it to the SSD and back, and it would take long time, since the SSD is the only one that have fast speed.

It won't necessarily take so long as long as your storage drive was a RAID 10 or RAID 0 setup. I'd invest in 4 Samsung Spinpoint F3's ($55 each) to put in RAID 10. It gives you some redundancy (2 drives can go bad, and you'd still have your data).

If you can't afford to do that right now, then just get 2 Samsung Spinpoint F3's in RAID 0. You risk losing your data if only 1 drive goes bad.

You wouldn't need to reformat your current disk to set-up RAID, though you would need to change your BIOS settings to allow RAID configurations. When you're ready and when prices go down for SSD's, you can up your primary drive to an SSD.

So, when you're zipping/unzipping with your 2nd drive that's an array, it's faster, and you can do other stuff on your computer since the main drive isn't being accessed so heavily.