Hey, OCC. New dude here.

Interimo

Hey, OCC. I'm Interimo, and I just recently started tinkering in the overclocking business. Since I'm fairly new, I have no idea how to use the MoBo to overclock, and rely on software to do so, which I hear is pretty risky. Before I continue, let me give you my specs of my main components:

Asus M4A79XTD EVO

AMD Athlon II x4 630 Propus

Sapphire Radeon 4870 1gb

OCZ Gold 1600mhz 4gb

Win 7 Pro 64-bit OEM

I've been using Asus TurboV to OC the CPU and RivaTuner to OC my GPU. I was wondering A) If this is an adequate way to OC, or B) If you guys would be able to help me manually OC this in my BIOS?

Thanks,

Interimo.

Welcome to OCC, I wouldn't recomend using software to OC your comp you will always get better results OC'ing in the BIOS. First thing I always do is turn off all the power saving features in the BIOS C1E turbo ect. Then I drop all the stock settings for the RAM, NB ect to find how high the board can OC by using the FSB.

Welcome to OCC, I wouldn't recomend using software to OC your comp you will always get better results OC'ing in the BIOS. First thing I always do is turn off all the power saving features in the BIOS C1E turbo ect. Then I drop all the stock settings for the RAM, NB ect to find how high the board can OC by using the FSB.

Uh....what?

Welcome! You'll have to visit my propus overclocking thread. I overclocked a poor overclocking 620 to 3.4ghz

Heheh...read through it, only understood four things: You wanted to OC, you used the BIOS, you needed advice, you got said advice and OCed.

Edited by Interimo