Overclock help

Stryker3006

Need help with a Q6600 overclock

Mobo is a Striker II Formula.

Can not seem to break the 3.19MHz barrier (1422)

Multiplier x9

vcore 1.39

Might want to give full specs of your computer........just so we know what is going on. Ram / amount for one.

I would suggest lowering your divider for your ram to really low, meaning run it lower then its rated speed to take it out of the equation so it is not impeding your progress. Then see if it is stable. If it is then start slowly start increasing your fsb until your unstable.....if your temps are still not bad then you can put a little extra voltage to see if that helps. These are very general instructions until we know what you are running. BTW not to be discouraging but i was not able to get my q6600 stable past 3.2ghz. But give it a shot and see what happens. :thumbsup:

Might want to give full specs of your computer........just so we know what is going on. Ram / amount for one.

I would suggest lowering your divider for your ram to really low, meaning run it lower then its rated speed to take it out of the equation so it is not impeding your progress. Then see if it is stable. If it is then start slowly start increasing your fsb until your unstable.....if your temps are still not bad then you can put a little extra voltage to see if that helps. These are very general instructions until we know what you are running. BTW not to be discouraging but i was not able to get my q6600 stable past 3.2ghz. But give it a shot and see what happens. :thumbsup:

Coolermaster hafx

1000w ps

Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 2x2gig, was running 4x2 but I read on another forum to try taking two out until you get a stable overclock and then put them back in. 5,5,5,15,22 at 2.1v running at 850 (FSB:DRAM 13:16)

cpu cooler is a zelman 7500

gpu evga gtx480 superclocked and xfx280 xxx edition dedicated physicsx

q6600 G0

Edited by Stryker3006

Hi guys, I have a problem with OC and I need some help. My PC is my profile and I want to OC up to 4.4Ghz and memory clock to, but I don't know how to do.

please send me a pm or e-mail me how to do step by step. Thanks.

CPU Type DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E8600, 3333 MHz

Motherboard Asus Striker II Formula

A-Data EXTREME DDR2 800+ 2x2 GB

Kingston KTC1G-UDIMM 2x1 GB

ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275

Edited by Poyzzone

Hi guys, I have a problem with OC and I need some help. My PC is my profile and I want to OC up to 4.4Ghz and memory clock to, but I don't know how to do.

please send me a pm or e-mail me how to do step by step. Thanks.

CPU Type DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E8600, 3333 MHz

Motherboard Asus Striker II Formula

A-Data EXTREME DDR2 800+ 2x2 GB

Kingston KTC1G-UDIMM 2x1 GB

ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275

What sort of cpu cooler are you using and what are your temps under load.

You can run either coretemp or real temp for temp reading and prime95 small FFt's to stress cpu.

What have you got your vcore set at.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cpus/2007/07/25/overclocking_intel_core_2_quad_q6600/2

Theres another site that has some helpful tips on your processor.

Thanks for the help this site and your idea of dropping the multiplier worked.

Now have a stable oc at 3.4GHz. Prime95 small 61C (142F) 8 hour run ambient temp 21C(70F)

Multiplier x8

FSB: 1700

MEM 850

Edited by Stryker3006

What sort of cpu cooler are you using and what are your temps under load.

You can run either coretemp or real temp for temp reading and prime95 small FFt's to stress cpu.

What have you got your vcore set at.

ASUS Silent Knight 2 and the temp by default are 37-41 C.When I stress the CPU temperature does not rise more than 61 degrees, the frequency is somewhere at 4GHz.

In fact, I got the memories and the frequencies,... actually a look here on picture. I forgot to say that OC the CPU is + 20% done with that tool from ASUS AI Suite.

And I don't understand why the clock of CPU is 2400??? But not always, varies between 2.400 - 3.333 - 4.000Mhz ????

Thanks for your answer.

post-73632-12887001964496_thumb.png

post-73632-12887002103557_thumb.png

Edited by Poyzzone

ASUS Silent Knight 2 and the temp by default are 37-41 C.When I stress the CPU temperature does not rise more than 61 degrees, the frequency is somewhere at 4GHz.

In fact, I got the memories and the frequencies,... actually a look here on picture. I forgot to say that OC the CPU is + 20% done with that tool from ASUS AI Suite.

And I don't understand why the clock of CPU is 2400??? But not always, varies between 2.400 - 3.333 - 4.000Mhz ????

Thanks for your answer.

In bios have you got EIST ( enhanced intel speedstep tech) disabled.

If this is enabled, disable it because it will throttle the cpu according to the work load.

I'm running the same motherboard as you, and I found that you get a more stable overclock if you

disable everything in extreme tweaker- overclocking section of the bios, ( leave cpu cores enabled).

As for your temps you are nearing the limit. I would not push the cpu past 70 C under load.

Stay 30 C + from tjuction max and you should be fairly safe with your overclock.

Edited by Stryker3006