Quake 3 Arena

Aristotle

I installed Quake 3 Arena on my Linux box. It runs fine except it doesnt move the crosshair cursor at all when I move the mouse. It is like my mouse is not even connected. I have googled but have found little or no help whatsoever. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :D

Hmm I have since got a nvidia card for my computer, I might give linux gaming another go. Before I had an ati radeon and apparantly nforce2 dosent go to well with that and linux, well at least that was a good few months ago, maybe its sorted now, I dont know.

It might of changed in 2.6 (will be trying soon) but, yes, there is a difcultly in 2.4.x and i even got a new nic to eliminate the need for nforce2 support (also had to recompile the kernel for sound >.<)

Yeah I had terrible trouble like that. I kept having to recompile the kernel each time I wanted something to work, first sound, then graphics etc. In the end I gave up with my onboard NIC and just stuck in a PCI one that I know works. I was using red hat 9 then.

Does anyone know of a distro that comes with 2.6 as standard or at least an option. It would save me the hassle of upgrading.