Sign in to follow this  
Andrewr05

Cease and desist... School assignment gone stupid

A professor assigned a piece of work to a group of students, one of them netted thew student a cease and desist letter.

LINK

Pretty funny...

:D

:lol:

Wow

In addition, your html markup shows your ineptitude in online web design,
I love how he spends the majority the letter telling him all the things that are wrong with the site.

this whole paragraph was gold:

In addition, your html markup shows your ineptitude in online web design, making your website an inefficient option for visitors who truly care about the Club Songs Industry. The listing of the dates on your monthly playlists go in ascending order rather than descending. This is just one of the many flaws of your clearly haphazardly designed website. However, I will give you neither my website URL nor my constructive criticism, for you are clearly trying to make money in an industry which doesn’t have room for your lack of music and website design knowledge. My page viewers have complimented me numerous times on the layout and content of my page.

I found this comment on the article particularly interesting:

Ha ha! The student probably sent the letter to generate noise in the blogsphere, thus increasing page rank to his site. He wins!

This wouldn't surprise me. It's certainly a good idea if the goal was to get your page to the top of a Google search result.

What an idiot. I would have left the page up to piss him off.

And that gets an A + for sure. Making the competition scared in the first day is a win for sure.

Edited by feetfats