Cleaned my computer

danieljury3

I don't have any thermal paste though I don't know if it comes with any and I was buying case fans not a CPU cooler.

I wanted case fans because when they arrive and I put them on my computer It will have all the fans it can take.

An interesting discovery I made is that the 200mm fan on the top of my case actually contributes a lot to my CPU temperature as it goes up 3-4oC when I switch the fan from high to low. I didn't think it would have such a direct effect on my CPU temperature.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have any thermal paste though I don't know if it comes with any and I was buying case fans not a CPU cooler.

I wanted case fans because when they arrive and I put them on my computer It will have all the fans it can take.

An interesting discovery I made is that the 200mm fan on the top of my case actually contributes a lot to my CPU temperature as it goes up 3-4oC when I switch the fan from high to low. I didn't think it would have such a direct effect on my CPU temperature.

but a cooler would contribute 15C or more of cooling :lol: every cooler I've ever seen comes with some kind of thermal compound, usually good ones too

When I do buy a cooler (I really need to get a job) I want to get a good one.

I did like the prolimatech megahalems but it weighs a lot and I want to be able to move my computer around and take it to LAN party's or up to my Dads which means putting it on a plane or getting a courier to take it.

Certainly an alternative If I had any money

let me know, it's my favorite cooler out right now. I've been heavily considering getting one of them myself even though I have a good cooler as it is.

I doubt you'll find a better deal than that, what does the Megahalem go for over there (taking into account that you'd also have to buy one or two fans for it)

Yeah the H50 would be more cost efficient and be equal in cooling performance while may or may not be quieter.

I can ask the guys if it's the second revision which INCLUDES a universal bracket so you don't have to buy the AMD bracket for $5USD