Sign in to follow this  
Hemidare

460's hit 100 degrees C!

Ugh guys i almost blew up my 2 MSI 460 cyclones in my sig! I guess i had set my fan speeds to 40% manually and accidentally left it when i started up Crysis and my temps hit 100 degrees. Atleast i know these fermi cards are tough.......Wow that was close i ran crysis for about an hour like that. I know.............I JUST SLAPPED MYSELF!

An hour? didn't you notice a FPS drop or something; the cards are meant to downclock at temps like that if I remember correctly.

Nope no degradation at all. 60 fps solid.......i know weird. Oh well no harm no foul i guess. :thumbsup: I guess one of the dumber things i have done lately.

Ugh guys i almost blew up my 2 MSI 460 cyclones in my sig! I guess i had set my fan speeds to 40% manually and accidentally left it when i started up Crysis and my temps hit 100 degrees. Atleast i know these fermi cards are tough.......Wow that was close i ran crysis for about an hour like that. I know.............I JUST SLAPPED MYSELF!

Were they oc'd ? Wow thats hot !

100 C core temps aren't even close to being dangerous with those GPUs...

100 C core temps aren't even close to being dangerous with those GPUs...

:withstupid: hence why there was emergency core downclocking

Yeah they had a small OC on them just 780 on the core and 1087 core voltage according to MSI afterburner. No worries nothing broken. And yes i felt the room getting hotter and the card burnt my finger when I HAD TO TOUCH IT. LOL :mellow:

Yeah they had a small OC on them just 780 on the core and 1087 core voltage according to MSI afterburner. No worries nothing broken. And yes i felt the room getting hotter and the card burnt my finger when I HAD TO TOUCH IT. LOL :mellow:

Yeah it would burn given you could cook and boil water with that card... :lol: As mattyamdfan said and I agree, that is why I leave it on auto... or 100% if benching. :D