460's hit 100 degrees C!

Hemidare

Ugh guys i almost blew up my 2 MSI 460 cyclones in my sig! I guess i had set my fan speeds to 40% manually and accidentally left it when i started up Crysis and my temps hit 100 degrees. Atleast i know these fermi cards are tough.......Wow that was close i ran crysis for about an hour like that. I know.............I JUST SLAPPED MYSELF!

Ugh guys i almost blew up my 2 MSI 460 cyclones in my sig! I guess i had set my fan speeds to 40% manually and accidentally left it when i started up Crysis and my temps hit 100 degrees. Atleast i know these fermi cards are tough.......Wow that was close i ran crysis for about an hour like that. I know.............I JUST SLAPPED MYSELF!

Were they oc'd ? Wow thats hot !

Yeah they had a small OC on them just 780 on the core and 1087 core voltage according to MSI afterburner. No worries nothing broken. And yes i felt the room getting hotter and the card burnt my finger when I HAD TO TOUCH IT. LOL :mellow:

Yeah they had a small OC on them just 780 on the core and 1087 core voltage according to MSI afterburner. No worries nothing broken. And yes i felt the room getting hotter and the card burnt my finger when I HAD TO TOUCH IT. LOL :mellow:

Yeah it would burn given you could cook and boil water with that card... :lol: As mattyamdfan said and I agree, that is why I leave it on auto... or 100% if benching. :D