Installing the OS off a back up copy?

kingthechris

Hey guys, just a quick question. Ive just bought all my new components for my home build PC and am now looking at buying the OS. I realised that i can get discount on windows 7 and get it for £30 cause im a student. BUT it is a digital download and that isnt any use to me to install on my newly built comp is it? Think i need a cd? They also offer a back-up copy of the bought OS, would this disk be okay for a first time install?

Hey guys, just a quick question. Ive just bought all my new components for my home build PC and am now looking at buying the OS. I realised that i can get discount on windows 7 and get it for £30 cause im a student. BUT it is a digital download and that isnt any use to me to install on my newly built comp is it? Think i need a cd? They also offer a back-up copy of the bought OS, would this disk be okay for a first time install?

The back up copy of Windows will be OK but it's not difficult to burn your own DVD. Just download the Windows 7 Professional iso image from the link supplied when you sign up, burn a DVD, install and activate using the key they supply via email.

Edit: See below, my bad should have said DVD and not CD.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi just download files from the website .. if their not a iso image download eather ,,power iso ,power2go , or img burn there is millions of programmes run them and burn files to dvd ..,make sure to have the settings correct ,,like tell the programme you want to malke a bootable disc ect .. these will work eather the files are iso or not ..hope it helps !!

Just decided to bite the bullet and get a full version at the pricier figure. Only because i read of some restrictions coming on the academic version. :(

If you install over a prior copy (or just run the installer over itself) there really aren't any restrictions.