New gaming rig plan

kingthechris

Hey, im new to all this but ive decided to go for my own build and was just wondering if all these components are compatible and if it will be a good build?

Specs are as follows:

Intel I7 950

Asus sabertooth motherboard

GTX 480 GPU

Corsair 6GB RAM

coolermaster HAF X full gaming tower

WD 1TB HDD

Samsung bluray drive

Samsung DVD drive

Corsair 850W TX PSU

Thats everything i think, little bit of flexibility in the budget over that too, so i was thinking possibly another 200mm fan for the HAF X case and maybe a CPU cooler. What are your thoughts for my first build?

Hey, im new to all this but ive decided to go for my own build and was just wondering if all these components are compatible and if it will be a good build?

Specs are as follows:

Intel I7 950

Asus sabertooth motherboard

GTX 480 GPU

Corsair 6GB RAM

coolermaster HAF X full gaming tower

WD 1TB HDD

Samsung bluray drive

Samsung DVD drive

Corsair 850W TX PSU

Thats everything i think, little bit of flexibility in the budget over that too, so i was thinking possibly another 200mm fan for the HAF X case and maybe a CPU cooler. What are your thoughts for my first build?

Its nice, almost same as the rig i've just bought and assembled except for the case which i got the 932 and a Radeon 5870.

otherwise... i'm not seeing anything wrong. it will work.

If you have a bit of cash to burn then perhaps a SSD. and the 1TB WD for storage of applications/games or multimedia.

SSD is still a bit pricey for my liking just now, how much do they cut loading times by? Also would the corsair H50 be sufficient for OC'ing the CPU?

SSD is still a bit pricey for my liking just now, how much do they cut loading times by? Also would the corsair H50 be sufficient for OC'ing the CPU?

Not sure on the SSD but I do know that the H50 is a very good cooler . If you put it in push/pull then you would really get good temps. I think 4ghz and above should be easy with push/pull

Push/pull would be fan in then fan out on the top of the case isn't it? Sorry I'm pretty new to all this. How easy is it to OC ?

Push/Pull can be on top and at the back . The first fan pushes air from outside the case into the case and the second fan helps to pull the air through the radiator . I've got it mounted at the back , will post a pic. You can also have it pulling the air from inside your case to the outside but Corsair doesnt recommend this because it raises the temps.

Its pretty easy to oc , raise your multiplier , raise FSB , lower ram ratio to get it within its designed speed and raise the voltage if you need to.

Thanks, just ordered all those parts and a samsung 2233RZ monitor. I know 3Ds pretty taboo but i think its a feature id like to try. Also ordered a NZXT sentry fan controller and added in that H50 CPU cooler for the future plans of an overclock. Will probs need another case fan, but i will see what i get with the HAF X.

• 2 weeks later...

Got all this lot built up to the spec i posted. Minus the H50 cooler which will be in later. Having trouble with the RAM though as its only accepting 4gb? Should the asus motherboard be compatible with that ram? Dunno what ive done wrong?