GTX 470 or 6870

ddkshah

umm 6870.... lol

and how are they priced the same???? on pccasegear the 6870 is 315.. the other is 359 for the cheapest..

its faster.. and cheaper.. its a no brainer

You are by far the most helpful poster I have ever seen on this forum. *sarcasm*

Anyway, to the OP: Newegg has the gtx 470 priced as low as 249 and the 6870 at 239. Personally I would aim for what is cheapest, but it really all falls down to what features you're looking for in your video card. Do you need PhysX and/or CUDA? Do you need eyefinity? A 10 dollar difference isn't huge but it's still 10 dollars that you could put towards something else. :)

You are by far the most helpful poster I have ever seen on this forum. *sarcasm*

Anyway, to the OP: Newegg has the gtx 470 priced as low as 249 and the 6870 at 239. Personally I would aim for what is cheapest, but it really all falls down to what features you're looking for in your video card. Do you need PhysX and/or CUDA? Do you need eyefinity? A 10 dollar difference isn't huge but it's still 10 dollars that you could put towards something else. :)

[/quote/]

Well I would like to get physx and for $10 it's no biggie. And I do a lot of video converting so I guess it's betterto get a 470. ALso which is better @ tessellation?

Well I would like to get physx and for $10 it's no biggie. And I do a lot of video converting so I guess it's betterto get a 470. ALso which is better @ tessellation?

What new physx games are there to play?

Mafia 2 comes to mind.

Personally I like nvidia more due to their driver superiority. GTX 470.

Well that's 3 I can think of for me, well 2 considering I've played through Mirror's Edge.

The whole driver argument is old though, (well other than for four driver versions I was running on 1.5 GPU's....but at the same time I didn't even know that happened since my card is STILL over the top for any of the games I've been playing)

What new physx games are there to play?

What old PhysX games are there to play lmfao....like 3??? <---slight sarcasm

The only thing I don't like about the GTX 470 are the temps! There is a noticable difference in temps with the 6870 and the GTX 470, where the 6870 runs much cooler. But, I also don't like the crappy overclock headroom on the 6870/6850 reviews I have read! I will have to agree with capitan on this and add in the 460 to the cards you should consider!

What old PhysX games are there to play lmfao....like 3??? <---slight sarcasm

The only thing I don't like about the GTX 470 are the temps! There is a noticable difference in temps with the 6870 and the GTX 470, where the 6870 runs much cooler. But, I also don't like the crappy overclock headroom on the 6870/6850 reviews I have read! I will have to agree with capitan on this and add in the 460 to the cards you should consider!

Temps are def. not an issue for me. During the winter my heat is rarely on and during the summer my room is freezing with the a/c on so no biggie :P So I bought a gtx 470 for $250 :)

Also I can't wait to play mafia 2 I played t on a friend's ps3 and it was good. Also I never played mirror's edge so I do want to play that. Um also Metro 2033 so I guess I made a great purchase ;)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814187110&cm_re=gtx_470-_-14-187-110-_-Product

Edited by ddkshah