Aspect ratio rendering

Jump4h

Sometimes video games on PC have black borders for 16:10 monitors because the game is in 16:9. Examples are Mirror's Edge, Splinter Cell: Conviction. They have a certain FOV and it cannot be changed.

When I record with fraps, I record 720p 16:10 - 1280x800.

This gives me 40 pixels of black borders on top and bottom.

Now, when I render it in Sony Vegas 7, how do I render it so that it becomes 1280x720p without stretching. How do I remove the black bars? I've already tried "do not letterbox".

I guess as a last resort I could force my monitor to play 1280x720, but I'd much rather somehow encode it away.

Why wouldn't you just set the output resolution to 1280x720 and set it to crop the top and bottom? I'd be shocked if it didn't allow cropping since even Windows Movie Maker can do that...

And most new video card drivers have the ability to stretch to fit screen, although that might result in a poor quality viewing experience. Do any of those games have a .cfg file that can be modified to use non-standard resolutions?

A great resource for these exact types of question is the Widescreen Gaming Community

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/

This post may get edited or deleted by Admin or Mod and usually I wouldn't redirect traffic away from here - but the knowledge over there is a lot more than what is available here for these issues.

Why wouldn't you just set the output resolution to 1280x720 and set it to crop the top and bottom? I'd be shocked if it didn't allow cropping since even Windows Movie Maker can do that...

Thanks. I'll do that; I am not very good at editing, hence I did not know how to do it. great : DD

EDIT: worked :D Thanks alot!

EDIT #2:

And most new video card drivers have the ability to stretch to fit screen, although that might result in a poor quality viewing experience. Do any of those games have a .cfg file that can be modified to use non-standard resolutions?

A great resource for these exact types of question is the Widescreen Gaming Community

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/

This post may get edited or deleted by Admin or Mod and usually I wouldn't redirect traffic away from here - but the knowledge over there is a lot more than what is available here for these issues.

Already tried this, with no luck. I could not find in CCC how to force resolutions. Problem solved anyway so :)

Edited by Jump4h