6870 and 6850 is for sale at the egg

jdm_freek

Guru3D has their review out (again). The 1GB 460 beat the 6850 only once (Far Cry 2).

Still going to wait and see what the reviews are on the 6900s (hopefully they won't be too long, so they'll fit in my case).

:withstupid:

I kinda like the 6870 though, so I can't wait to see the 69XX's

Definitely likin the power consumption/performance as well as price/performance.

I wish G3D would put 4870x2 benchmarks in the new games :(

:withstupid:

I kinda like the 6870 though, so I can't wait to see the 69XX's

Definitely likin the power consumption/performance as well as price/performance.

I wish G3D would put 4870x2 benchmarks in the new games :(

I like the 6870 too. It'll be a marked improvement over my 5770, and it can actually fit in my case (Storm Scout has only 10.6 in clearance and NewEgg says these are all 10.3 :thumbsup: ). If the 6900's are too long, then this is all I can get, which still isn't too bad. But, by then we may already see nonreference cards, so waiting is still not a bad plan (just keep telling yourself that Jim, just keep telling yourself).

damn.. according to that guru review.. it even pips the gtx 470 in most games.. thats hardcore :S

that 6870 is something else for a midrange card... cant wait to see what their high end stuffs like... maybe i wont be gettin a pair of 480s after all :-/