Sign in to follow this  
jdm_freek

6870 and 6850 is for sale at the egg

anybody have a clue on performance

Edited by jdm_freek

anybody have a clue on performance

Wait 2 more hours and I'm sure you'll find a plethora of reviews. :P

Reviews are starting to surface, 6870 looks to be dominated by the GTX460 1 GB, got me what the strategy is here. :whistling:

Reviews are starting to surface, 6870 looks to be dominated by the GTX460 1 GB, got me what the strategy is here. :whistling:

You're clearly posting drunk if that's the conclusion you came to after seeing the leaked reviews... :whoa:

You're clearly posting drunk if that's the conclusion you came to after seeing the leaked reviews... :whoa:

Could just be me, the GTX460 1GB takes the 6870 in every bench I've seen (SO FAR) and now costs less :teehee:

Could just be me, the GTX460 1GB takes the 6870 in every bench I've seen (SO FAR) and now costs less :teehee:

I haven't seen anything like that...all the reviews I've seen show the single card slightly behind the 5870 and two of them in Crossfire pulling ahead of dual 5870s.

Edited by Waco

It looks like Guru shows the 6870 taking the GTX460 in all of the higher res benches, guess we'll have to wait for more reviews to come out.

Didn't expect the next gen to be beat by the last gen though. :mellow:

For my time zone they aren't even out yet, but there's already an overclocked version.

ASUS EAH6870/2DI2S/1GD5 with core clock of 913MHz, with stock at 900Mhz. Of course, this could be a typo when NewEgg was putting in the details and it's not a large overclock, but still.

Remember RJR, the 6870 isn't meant to replace the 5870, but the 5770. While the 5870 is indeed last generation, it's a different target. The 6970 is supposed to replace the 5870 and should be out in November, I think.

from looking at the prices I would say the 6850 would be high end 5770?

honestly, these prices are not attractive at all

I have yet to see performance numbers though

but just from the prices, I don't see how these GPUs would be more attractive than a 460

what benckmarks there is nothing out fanboy