Sign in to follow this  
CheGuevara

How Can I Overclock My Video Card(fx 5600)

Not so far ago I brought a new video card. I'm not happy at all! Can I do any better if I overclock it? I think so. And you are going to help me do it, right?

The card is MSI FX5600 256-TD

Edited by CheGuevara

You could use RivaTuner to Oc your card. A good OC will help in the performance of the card, but could cause instability and over-heating issues. Are you planning on upgrading the cooling, or leaving it stock.

BTW: I have a RivaTuner d/l on my site.

My Webpage

yea, u can overclock it, but u wont get too much out of it, download coolbits and put it in ur registry, and then click the properties tab on ur desktop, go into display, hit advanced, click the vc tab, and then click the allow clock frequencies adjustment, keep raising them both in 5mhz increments and then run a benchmark and test to see if u see strange artifacts in the test, and check the temps too.

Just google for coolbits. To enhance your cooling you can do several things:

1. Reseat Heatsink with better thermal compound

2. Get a better aftermarket hsf

3. Add ramsinks, though since the 256mb versions of the fx5600 come with just about the crappiest ram on the planet (400mhz) they probably wouldn't help much

4. Rig up a fan to blow directly across the card

I agree that overclocking could help that card out quite a bit, but you are going to be severly limited by the slow ram that comes on those cards.