F*** you, Purolator.

Miek

I ordered a laptop for someone else via Newegg. Newegg rocks, that part went smoothly. However, PUROLATOR LOST IT. It arrived actually where I worked before I moved with instructions that it was supposed to be picked up by the person that ordered it. The courier was told to just drop it off at my home there (I still have family living there) and that is the last I heard of it. The tracking number says it's still in Saskatoon, SK (though there is proof it arrived at its destination) and there isn't even a way to talk to a damn person on their "Customer Service" (pffffft, yeah right) line.

Thanks Purolator, It's 11:08 am and you've already befouled my day. To make my day even better yet, the Purolator Courier Ltd. where it's my best guess the package may be at has a number that is not in service.

I managed to contact a courier outlet semi-nearby and they were able to confirm the tracking number but not the location. No-one knows where it is. :wacko:

Edited by Miek

Sorry for the anger, but I just don't see what is so hard about speaking to a real person or just getting your act together in general. I love Newegg, but hate Purolator.

Is UPS any better? I remember that being an option for shipping. I think this is the last time I ever want to deal with Purolator. I mean... they lost a laptop, I can't talk to a real person on their 1 888 number, and the person I talked to at the Saskatoon outlet (finally found one of the numbers that was in service using Google) they actually hung up on me after saying they didn't know where it was. This is beyond frustrating.

UPS has a reliable delivery record (with me at least.................)

However, my UPS packages usually arrive looking like they have been thrown around for four quarters during a football game.

FEDEX is my preferred carrier of choice when available.

Im not following you, bro

let me get this straight

you ordered a brand new laptop for your girlfriend

had it shipped to a place you no longer work at?

the people at the business told them to take it to your mom's house?

now you can't find the laptop and your little brother is gaming on a brand new xbox360 he mysteriously got today?

and you are mad at the shipping company?

is this a house or an apartment? if it is an apartment did you check to see if its being held at the office?

did you check to see if it was left at a neighbors?

did you contact newegg yet?

I never heard of this company but it seems like they have real bad service.

however, I know for a fact that fedex will leave stuff at your door unless you pay for signature confirmation. maybe purolator is the same?

I hope they find your package, probably they just need to contact the person who delivered it to see who he gave it to.

but some good advice to follow is when you ship a package you have it shipped to a current address where you can receive it personally.

However, my UPS packages usually arrive looking like they have been thrown around for four quarters during a football game.

:withstupid: However, I know the local UPS delivery guy, and he's pretty cool. If I wanted to make sure about a delivery, there's a UPS store near where I live, and they can make sure things happen (or don't happen). Also, a friend of mine doesn't have his address listed in UPS's database, so it's tougher for deliveries to be made there. It seems Fed Ex has a better database.

Im not following you, bro

[...]

It wasn't for my girlfriend, simply a friend that still lives where I moved from. The laptop is for him, so rather than ship it to where I live now and then have to either drive 6h or mail it again to get it to him, I had it ship to town. Yes, it arrived at a place where I no longer work, but it's a small town and the people that own the business know me well. The Purolator guy knows the people that own the business. The business said that I no longer worked there and to take the package to my home (where the rest of my family is still living) and that if I wasn't there to take it back where they'd hold it because they still had my cell number. The Purolator guy left... And never came back.

It's all kind of a mess and I'm having a lot of trouble finding out where the package is. The online tracking says it's in Saskatoon, but the people in Saskatoon say it's not and have no idea where it is (did I mention they hung up on me after that? :angry:)... I just hate it a lot when things that should be simple aren't.

And no, my little brother isn't mysteriously gaming on some new Xbox360... To the best of my knowledge at least... >.>

Edited by Miek

A good thing to remember about either curior is UPS if you want it there ontime or earlier not necessarily in one piece or FEDEX if you want it there ontime or sometimes late but not beaten or broken.

A good thing to remember about either curior is UPS if you want it there ontime or earlier not necessarily in one piece or FEDEX if you want it there ontime or sometimes late but not beaten or broken.

:withstupid: Lol, so true!

Lawls! I wish the Fedex near my town was like that! >.< UPS always has treated my stuff right, even replaced something I ordered for newegg when it went missing. Fedex however....I think I've ordered 6 things to be shipped via fedex from new egg and had to send em back all 6 times :/ 2 cases: broken, cracked and warped. 1 video card I recently ordered had a crack along the side of the panel AND box it came in looked like they ran it over. and my RAM I ordered...ugh 3 times I ordered RAM....2 times a package came in the mail like the video card and one NEVER arrived :/ The one that disappeared Fedex just said it was delivered but I know it wasnt cause I sat there ALL day waiting impatiently for my corsair RAM....no Fedex truck showed up :/

I don't mind any of them to deliver my stuff but as far as shipping out to someone USPS is my buddy. They're the cheapest and those flat rate boxes are awesome, (not to mention faster) than the competition's lowest (which would cost more).