Real Virus

SpeedCrazy

This morning i recieved this email:

Anyone-using Internet mail such as Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL and so on. This information arrived this morning, Direct from both Microsoft and Norton Please send it to everybody you know who has Access to the Internet.

You may receive an apparently harmless e-mail titled Here you have it If you open either file, a message will appear on your screen saying: 'It is too late now, your life is no longer beautiful....'

Subsequently you will LOSE EVERYTHING IN YOUR PC, And the person who originated it will gain access to your Name, e-mail and password. This is a new virus which started to circulate on Saturday afternoon. AOL has already confirmed the severity, and the anti virus softwares are not capable of destroying it.

The virus has been created by a hacker who calls himself 'life owner'.

PLEASE SEND A COPY OF THIS E-MAIL TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS, And ask them to PASS IT ON IMMEDIATELY!

THIS HAS BEEN CONFIRMED BY SNOPES.

http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/hereyouhave.asp <http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/hereyouhave.asp>

Any thoughts.

Sounds like a virus hoax.

Minus the fact that it's very obviously a real virus, sure. :blink:

Keep your antivirus software updated and don't open attachments from people you don't know (or aren't expecting anything from).

if this is true then i have won 100- miljion dollars.. the email said so :P

Try Googling a bit - it's a real virus. The link may not be active at the moment but that doesn't make it any less dangerous to click on random attachments.

Edited by Waco

I agree. But this came in from McAphee so i thought it probably was real. Unless it a hoax to get me to buy a newer version.

I'm a conspiracy theorist hobbyist (I don't take it seriously, but it's fun to imagine). I think there may be "some" anti-virus software companies that create or modify existing viruses/worms/trojans to be secretly released where they already have a "fix" for it. That way when a virus spreads, a company can say, "Our anti-virus software has a cure for it while others don't! Ours is better!". :ph34r:

I'm a conspiracy theorist hobbyist (I don't take it seriously, but it's fun to imagine). I think there may be "some" anti-virus software companies that create or modify existing viruses/worms/trojans to be secretly released where they already have a "fix" for it. That way when a virus spreads, a company can say, "Our anti-virus software has a cure for it while others don't! Ours is better!". :ph34r:

Not going to disagree with this by any means! Just like the recording labels who started putting virus filled music online to try to stop illegal downloading ;) Which is when I stopped using Limewire, lol!

So true, which is why if I never use any. I just watch what I download and browse smart. Haven't had a virus in years