Sign in to follow this  
Blue393

790fx-gd70 c8?

Hey guys sup kind got a weird problem... for some reason today my board mis 790fx-GD70 started posting c8 on the lcd post screen where it normally shows the cpu temps its weird because everything else starts up normally nothing seems to be going wrong just what is that c8 post and I've looked through the book and there is no c8 post error message so anybody know what this is?

From searching the net it looks like it's an unknown error code (IE MSI doesn't list it). Some mentioned that clearing their CMOS fixed it after they started getting it (it started after a RAM upgrade).

I think its an error code added with the later BIOS revisions. Which BIOS are you running? Try resetting the CMOS like Waco said. Put everything back to stock and check stability. If clearing the CMOS doesn't work, try pulling the battery, unplugging the PSU, hold power button for 30 seconds+, and/or just leave the computer like that for 30 minutes or so. I've seen where it takes up to 30 minutes or an hour for the capacitors to completely drain out where the board will let you boot again.

Hey guys sup kind got a weird problem... for some reason today my board mis 790fx-GD70 started posting c8 on the lcd post screen where it normally shows the cpu temps its weird because everything else starts up normally nothing seems to be going wrong just what is that c8 post and I've looked through the book and there is no c8 post error message so anybody know what this is?

I recently had this exact same issue on my board. A normal system restart did not resolve it. Totally powering down AND unplugging the power to the unit until ALL of the motherboard's lights went dark (about 10 seconds of no power) DID fix this going forwards. There was absolutely no need to clear the CMOS for this issue.