GTX 580 rumored

El_Capitan

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=26976

I can't imagine the price it'll list at...

I can, but then I'm in Complex Analysis and Topology now, so maybe I'm an outlier. I was planning on getting a new video card from the higher end 6000 series that's coming, but I think I will wait a bit to see what nVidia brings to the table (including the reactionary price drops from ATi).

I can, but then I'm in Complex Analysis and Topology now, so maybe I'm an outlier. I was planning on getting a new video card from the higher end 6000 series that's coming, but I think I will wait a bit to see what nVidia brings to the table (including the reactionary price drops from ATi).

What's your guess? I'm thinking $620. ATI never has reactionary price drops on their high-end cards. The GTX 295/285/275's are all still about the same prices as the GTX 480/470/460's.

580 wtf? shouldn't they call it the 485 or 495?

That's exactly why you should ignore this - no way would nVidia jump the gun on a new naming scheme (though they did skip the 300 series entirely aside from OEMs) in addition to a new architecture with no prior notice.

Edited by Waco

I wish the news source I got the information from provided the source for their information. If I were Nvidia, I'd rebrand it to be called the GTX 7870. That'd confuse consumers who don't know any better.

Hey, the GTX 7870 is higher than the HD 6870, it's probably better... I should get that one!

What's your guess? I'm thinking $620. ATI never has reactionary price drops on their high-end cards. The GTX 295/285/275's are all still about the same prices as the GTX 480/470/460's.

Well maybe there will be a sale or two going on. Still, worth waiting to see how it goes.

I'm thinking $620 is a bit high. If nVidia is smart I figure they would keep the price near the 480's and try to get rid of those beasts. Still, it is nVidia so...

We shall see, we shall see.

how stupid can you be ?? I mean why amd and nvidia don't way until the transistor size get smaller ??? people that have a 5870 or a 470 won't buy again ... they should wait 2 years like they did before, both amd and nvidia .