points per day

camaro_dude15

i dont think my ppd should be as low as ~2400-3000 the pc in my sig folds 24/7 and so does a dell xps and a dell mini 1012, i hardly use my pc's at all just to surf the net and fold, i only game about an hour a week and for the money i put in this pc i think it should be getting more points, what could my problem be, cpu at the moment is at 4.2 but normally at 3.8 or 3.9, we are having a wicked cold spell in my house i guess it runs at 42c folding,

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is the overclockers club, lol yeah my card is clocked just about 775 i'm using multiple sytem tray clients and system tray gpu client yeah the cpu is at 100% cpu is at 4.0GHZ it was at 4.2 though,

planning on buying an nvidia card soon does anyone know if prices drop around the holiday shopping season, i was thinking a gtx 450, i just need something that i can use with my 600 w psu and crank out as much ppd

Edited by camaro_dude15

Good choice on the 450, they are excellent overclocking cards and have phenomenal PPD.

ATI cards, sadly, just can't compete with nVidia cards. :ouch:

Though in gaming performance it's not worth upgrading over a 5750

Good choice on the 450, they are excellent overclocking cards and have phenomenal PPD.

ATI cards, sadly, just can't compete with nVidia cards. pinch.gif

yeah i learned the hard way, the eyefnity wasn't worth it, three monitors on one card is too much, especially on a 5750

i only run one small monitor now though, it would freeze up often

Edited by camaro_dude15

this is the overclockers club, lol yeah my card is clocked just about 775 i'm using multiple sytem tray clients and system tray gpu client yeah the cpu is at 100% cpu is at 4.0GHZ it was at 4.2 though,

planning on buying an nvidia card soon does anyone know if prices drop around the holiday shopping season, i was thinking a gtx 450, i just need something that i can use with my 600 w psu and crank out as much ppd

It's just that I don't oc my video cards, since I really don't want to push them that much. I'm just worried that if I put in a bad OC I won't be able to recover them. At least with a CPU I can clear the BIOS, or it clears itself after a bad boot or two. When I have oc'ed though I haven't really seen any improvement, so I don't both with the video card.

Anyhow, 775 is still less than my 5770 at a stock 850 (if you meant 875 though, that's not much better) so those points still line up with what I'd expect. Your CPU may be higher than mine, but that still only comes in at about 300-500 ppd for me.

A 450 should do very well for folding. My 250 goes at about double my 5770, and the 450 is, well, better. Don't know about it for non-folding jobs though.

It's just that I don't oc my video cards, since I really don't want to push them that much. I'm just worried that if I put in a bad OC I won't be able to recover them. At least with a CPU I can clear the BIOS, or it clears itself after a bad boot or two. When I have oc'ed though I haven't really seen any improvement, so I don't both with the video card.

Anyhow, 775 is still less than my 5770 at a stock 850 (if you meant 875 though, that's not much better) so those points still line up with what I'd expect. Your CPU may be higher than mine, but that still only comes in at about 300-500 ppd for me.

A 450 should do very well for folding. My 250 goes at about double my 5770, and the 450 is, well, better. Don't know about it for non-folding jobs though.

the stock clock for the 5750 is 700, i could go higher except i cant adjust the voltage for some reason, i think its just in the card or something

oops i meant the gtx 460, i dont think there is a gtx 450, maybe a gts 450 though

Edited by camaro_dude15

the stock clock for the 5750 is 700, i could go higher except i cant adjust the voltage for some reason, i think its just in the card or something

oops i meant the gtx 460, i dont think there is a gtx 450, maybe a gts 450 though

The GTX 460 is an overall, all around good card. It has decent folding scores (not as good as the 450 mind you) and two of them in SLI will beat a GTX 480.

The GTX 460 is an overall, all around good card. It has decent folding scores (not as good as the 450 mind you) and two of them in SLI will beat a GTX 480.

so the GTS 450 IS better than the GTX 460, also no go with sli on 890fxa-ud5

even though the 450 is cheaper

Edited by camaro_dude15