Can i put Core2Quad on this board without bottleneck?

gaming of course

anyway someone told me that

Core 2 Quad will work on this mobo as good as on high end one. And you'll be able to moderately (maybe better, depends on luck) OC it. Just don't forget to buy an aftermarket cooler.

Only difference with high end mobos is in quality, overclocking capabilities and features. Not in faster speed CPU speed.

is this true?

Somewhat true, with air cooling you will be limited by heat but a higher quality motherboard might be able to overclock with less voltage and hold up better to overclocking. If you want to upgrade things I would buy these.

I would buy something with a low clock and give it a nice kick in the butt with overclocking.

It looks like overclockers club did a nice review of of a very similar awhile back. Ga-P31 You should get a nice overclock with yours too.

C2Q Q8300 will be good to go at say 3.5GHz or higher.

CCF 120 will get you that overclock.

Gigabyte 5850 Will play any game at your resolution. If I were you I would a 5770.

Corsair 500watt PSU will power it.

For a little under $500 you could have a really nice rig again.

Edited by gabrieltessin

nice things thx ... i will think about it .. no body knows i might get i5 or i7 eventually .. i am setting things right now and i think i can increase the budget .. its insane to change the rig every year :D

Edited by macronia