A+ Certification

foolio2k4

Is anyone A+ certified? Im studying for my A+ certification but i want to know whats on the test and what i should study the most. Can anyone tell me what the test is like and what i should study. Some test questions that were on the Certification exam would be nice :D

When I took the test there were MANY printer related questions. I don't know if the test has been updated any since then or not.. but you may want to grab a Sybex book or similar book and see what the test covers.

No minimum age is required on any certification that I am aware of.

im studying it too.. is there a age limit fo the test? im only 14.. so i duno if i am allowed to do the test.. i got the sybex a+ guide

That ones a good book, I would reccomend it to anyone who wants to pass the A+ test. If you read it and look over some obvious errors in it (little things that dont' matter) you will do fine. The standard IRQ thing is a pain to remember, but put it this way. You have dealt with computers for who knows how many years, this is supposed to be like you have 6 months on the job training under your belt. It's not that hard, because it's basic stuff. Be confident, know your stuff and that book has practice test questions on the CD that resemble real questions very closely.

And yes they updated it a bit fro 2003 but not to any point were it seemed to lose credibility, it's just more focused on the newer tech and less on "impact printers". That was the biggest thing, know a laser jet inside and out, I forgot how many questions there were on them, but it's important.

I'm working on A+ certification too; I took a prep course last summer at the local community college, and I'm hoping to have it by the time I'm out of HS. I'll look into getting that book, as I don't have the money for another class. Thanks for the tips guys.

I'm studying thru my HS to become A+ certified. I love having a computer repair course count as part of my GPA, its really boosted it.

I DEFINATELY need to read up on Laser Printers then it seems.

(BTW, IRQ 0 is the system clock, right?)