Need advice on ram upgrade

Hey OCC ive done several upgrades to my rig lately and am now in need of your help. Im stumped on what memory upgrade i should go with i have 2 choices in mind, 8gb mushkin ridgebacks ($230 ddr3 1600) or 4 gb corsair dominator gt ($150 ddr3 2000). Im open to more suggestions just like either of these 2 kits the most.

Note: rest of specs are on sig

Hey OCC ive done several upgrades to my rig lately and am now in need of your help. Im stumped on what memory upgrade i should go with i have 2 choices in mind, 8gb mushkin ridgebacks ($230 ddr3 1600) or 4 gb corsair dominator gt ($150 ddr3 2000). Im open to more suggestions just like either of these 2 kits the most.

Note: rest of specs are on sig

*upgrading ram because i lost one of the 1 gb sticks (died) and am running on the remaining 3 sticks. I simply want the most i can get out of my system

I'd suggest you get 1333Mhz ram instead of 1600 since the performance is quite small and unnoticeable unless you're using the PC for benchmarks n sutff like that. Plus, a 1333Mhz ram, you can overclock to 1600 though it still won't be as good as tightening the timings with a 1333Mhz. This is all considering the price. If money isn't a problem then yea, go nuts. But if you want to have a good quality:price ratio, it's better to have 1333Mhz + tight timings... I think.

If you want to just replace the broken ram stick, then it's best to get the same exact one. If you're changing the whole kit, then the above is what I'd do (and what I did).

Edited by ballist1x

Would 8 gb of ram even make that drastic of a performance increase?

I don't know about a performance increase but you'll be able to do more tasks at once with 8GB as opposed to 4GB.

I don't know about a performance increase but you'll be able to do more tasks at once with 8GB as opposed to 4GB.

hmm well bigger is better and i might as well upgrade now that i got some extra cash

Edited by Reaper_88

ive got 8gb.. and im rapt with it.. everything seems to run faster.. snappier if u would...

i wouldnt recommend going 1333mhz like the other dude says unless ur cpu isnt locked.. then it doesnt matter.. just saying this because if u need to raise ur FSB to clock ur cpu like in my case,, then 1333mhz would limit u somewhat.. im bought 1600 instead and got them at a stock 1333mhz and tighended up the timings massively and then oc'd the cpu.. sitting on 1519 and i still have the ram at 7-7-7-24 1T with 1.59v instead of the rated 1.65v for 1600.. so tighter timings and less voltage... thats what u should look for.. something around the CL8 @ 1600mhz mark...