MSI RMA Refund - Full Refund!

El_Capitan

Well, I finally got a reply back about my video card. Prognosis, negative!

They said they were going to provide me with a refund. How much, I'm not sure, yet. I guess I'll update the situation. I spent $234.99 on it when I bought it on 9/1/2009, but it was part of a combo deal. I wonder how they determine the refund amount?

Update: They offered a full refund of $234.99! Woot! MSI (and Bosco) rocks!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of that is based on the current worth of the card, not what you actually bought it for sadly.

So, I'd get $454.50? :P

I never understood it. I kept waiting for GTX 275 prices to drop so I could SLI, but they never did. I guess it doesn't matter now.

However, I did a Google Shopping search, and they're all more expensive than what I paid for. Wtf?

Woah, now that you mention it...

Why didn't the GTX 2xx series ever drop in price? You can get a better running 4xx series card for that much!

I'm confused. That was months ago. My whole idea to buy the GTX 275 was to get a 2nd one for SLI when prices dropped. 10 months later and I get two GTX 460 1GB's for $215 each to SLI while prices for the GTX 275 went up. Doesn't make sense. You'd think they'd start selling the GTX 275's for $100 or some such.

I'm confused. That was months ago. My whole idea to buy the GTX 275 was to get a 2nd one for SLI when prices dropped. 10 months later and I get two GTX 460 1GB's for $215 each to SLI while prices for the GTX 275 went up. Doesn't make sense. You'd think they'd start selling the GTX 275's for $100 or some such.

Yeah, but then again they don't control the cost that was put into making those cards.

The 200 series jumped in price because I believe, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but NVIDIA simply stopped making the cards once the Fermi train started to roll. The price is so high because the stock simply isn't there for a low price, once the 200 series stock is gone then that is it.

Woah, now that you mention it...

Why didn't the GTX 2xx series ever drop in price? You can get a better running 4xx series card for that much!

Just hunt forum marketplaces, that's where the 200 series deals can be found!!

I laugh at the stores that sell the old cards for what they do, I've asked em about it and they laugh at me. We'll see who's laughing when they never get sold :lol:

the refund will be at MSI's cost not retail....

you'll be lucky to get 150.00 back...but here's hoping right?

my MSI GTX275 has been going strong and I hope it stays that way....

how did yours die? folding?

the refund will be at MSI's cost not retail....

you'll be lucky to get 150.00 back...but here's hoping right?

my MSI GTX275 has been going strong and I hope it stays that way....

how did yours die? folding?

Anything back would be better than nothing. Nope, didn't fold with it. It just stopped working one day. I thought it was the motherboard gone bad at first, since I sent the motherboard in, then realized it was the video card. The motherboard spent only 1 day in RMA.

I laugh at the stores that sell the old cards for what they do, I've asked em about it and they laugh at me. We'll see who's laughing when they never get sold :lol:

+1 You all know about my card. At least you don't let me forget. But when i went online to look it up before i got it from where i did(local business) they wanted $90 for it!!!!!!!! It ain't worth it free almost.

Ok I am a little in the dark here.

Let me get this straight, your card died and you send it in for warranty and they are not going to replace but they are going to give you some sort of a refund?

Is this correct?