Coolermaster HAF X Fans

Stryker3006

Hi all,

Was wondering if it is worth changing the original fans in the

Coolermaster HAF X and if so which would be the best fans

to swap them with.

I pretty much change all my fans to the Noctua NF-P12's or NF-P14's for silence and good CFM's. If your fans are silent and have good airflow, there's no need to change them (though I did have a Coolermaster case fan once, and it was horribly loud). I've used a different 140mm fan once, and it was pretty quiet and had just as good airflow as the NF-P14. I'd have to check my case to remember.

Whats the issue with the HAFX fans? They are large, quiet and push a lot of air. The only thing that annoyed me a little is not all of them light up.

Did not say that the hafx fans are and issue. Was just wondering if you would get any better and/or quiter proformance from

swapping the original fans.

I pretty much change all my fans to the Noctua NF-P12's or NF-P14's for silence and good CFM's. If your fans are silent and have good airflow, there's no need to change them (though I did have a Coolermaster case fan once, and it was horribly loud). I've used a different 140mm fan once, and it was pretty quiet and had just as good airflow as the NF-P14. I'd have to check my case to remember.

I like the NF-P14's. Would be good for rear out take fan (140mm), and for vga air duct because it will fit 120mm mount,

but there is also 200mm and 230mm fans on the hafx which Noctua don't make in these sizes.

I suggest if you got HAF(tower) case, there's lot of free bays for fan controller, so there wouldn't be an issue with overall loudness. My HAF 932 has 8 case fans controlled by Scythe Kaze Master (4 knobs each paired with 2 fans). Now to the fans, I don't know what sizes of fans X has, but 932 has 3 230mm fans which I believe are only made by CM, correct me if I'm wrong.

I suggest if you got HAF(tower) case, there's lot of free bays for fan controller, so there wouldn't be an issue with overall loudness. My HAF 932 has 8 case fans controlled by Scythe Kaze Master (4 knobs each paired with 2 fans). Now to the fans, I don't know what sizes of fans X has, but 932 has 3 230mm fans which I believe are only made by CM, correct me if I'm wrong.

The HAF X has 1 x 230mm(front), 2 x 200mm(top & side), provision for another 200mm fan on top and 1 x 140mm rear. Also a 120mm fan for op vga duct.