What printer are all you students using?

paulktreg

Need a cheap reliable printer with low running costs for my daughters at university. Most of the time it'll be black but will require color from time to time.

Any recommendations?

I got a Samsung ML-2525 laser printer, since most of what I print is black and white text. It's a lot faster than my Canon MP 510 (which you can't buy anymore, by the way); I can print whatever I need to with the laser printer before the Canon would even finish starting up, hence why I bought the laser printer. It also is nice to know that toner doesn't dry out over time, like printer ink does. I got it for $90 or less (can't remember) and am quite pleased with it.

I got a Samsung ML-2525 laser printer, since most of what I print is black and white text. It's a lot faster than my Canon MP 510 (which you can't buy anymore, by the way); I can print whatever I need to with the laser printer before the Canon would even finish starting up, hence why I bought the laser printer. It also is nice to know that toner doesn't dry out over time, like printer ink does. I got it for $90 or less (can't remember) and am quite pleased with it.

:withstupid:

One of the best printers I have ever owned. I love the network connectivity, makes printing from every computer so much simpler.

Just find some cheap ones and see how they review, we like our new Brother 2170W, our old HP LaserJet (model escapes me), our Sharp/Xerox Scanner/Laser Printer/Copier and our HP Photosmart 7960.

The Okidata at my old job was pretty decent too

• 2 weeks later...

Just my 2 cents but both my father and I own Epson Workforce 600 printers and they have proven to be fantastic performers. The features for the price cannot be beat. I found a refurbished one at Office Depot for $40 and gave it to my dad for his birthday and he has had no problems with it whatsoever. Click herefor the link to an inexpensive open-box item from newegg.com and hereis a new Workforce 320 which should provide similar features and printing, minus the wireless and larger display.

Good luck!

Just my 2 cents but both my father and I own Epson Workforce 600 printers and they have proven to be fantastic performers. The features for the price cannot be beat. I found a refurbished one at Office Depot for $40 and gave it to my dad for his birthday and he has had no problems with it whatsoever. Click herefor the link to an inexpensive open-box item from newegg.com and hereis a new Workforce 320 which should provide similar features and printing, minus the wireless and larger display.

Good luck!

Oh yeah I forgot but little color printers I had as a kid were Epsons and they worked fine, we only got rid of them because we didn't like inkjet as much as laser