I recently bought a Nintendo Wii

Andrewr05

I recently bought a Nintendo Wii and I have no idea where to begin.

It came with a few games (which I can't remember at the moment) as well, what are the must haves for a non-Nintendo gamer to try?

I've played the usual Wii sports stuff and I've played the new mario which I enjoyed but for the most part I'm a Sony Fanboi.

What good games are there for the Wii or GC that are fanboy neutral and don't depend on me having played the previous versions?

<---Total Wii n00b

before you do anything check your firmware and if its 4.2x or lower SOFTMOD IT, otherwise 4.3x at this point your out of luck. unlike the ps3 you can still play online afterwords :)

before you do anything check your firmware and if its 4.2x or lower SOFTMOD IT, otherwise 4.3x at this point your out of luck. unlike the ps3 you can still play online afterwords :)

There's no point in modding a Wii unless you're pirating games...

Well I do have quite a few older games that would be nice to play on some emulators (Yes, I know a lot of older games can be bought though the Wii) and I'd like to install a media player onto it as well.

Well I do have quite a few older games that would be nice to play on some emulators (Yes, I know a lot of older games can be bought though the Wii) and I'd like to install a media player onto it as well.

I don't understand that whole "buy old azz nintendo games again" thing, like no....I've bought it back before I could walk, I'm NOT gonna buy it again

Smash Bros Brawl!!!!!

Zelda: Twilight Princess (although the end boss's introduction into the game made me rage, it was a fun game to play)

Yeah, I'm a zelda fanboi :ph34r:

Edited by JBags

yeah, you could buy an NES controller with an USB port and just use an emulator for cheaper than what they're selling those games for. As far as games, Super Smash Bros. Brawl is about the only thing that comes to mind that's actually worth playing. The Conduit has some pretty OK multiplayer. There really aren't that many AAA titles for the Wii, sadly.

Resident Evil 4 is pretty fun on the Wii. Similar to the Gamecube version but it has much better controls since you use the Wiimote to aim.

Super Smash Bros Brawl and Melee are both great titles, though you'll need a Gamecube controller for Melee.

Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 are both great fun.

Zelda: Twilight Princess and the upcoming one.

Metroid Prime Collection.

Dead Space Extraction and Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles are both on-rails shooters but are both pretty fun.

I've got a wii... warioware is a good party/drinking game, but it's pretty lame on it's own. I'm waiting to get Mario Party -- but don't have it in the budget at the moment. I would recommend tigerwoods golf even if you don't like golf. It shows of the ability of the motion+ controller and on easy settings makes you feel like you are good at real golf -- at least with a 60" TV. lol.

Games I would recommend: Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Monster Hunter Tri, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Drawn to Life, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Zelda: Twilight Princess, Pikmin, Mario Power Tennis, and Mario Kart Wii. Also give Kirby's Epic Yarn a try when it comes out on the 17th. Can't wait to pick mine up. :D

Also, yes, I chose these because they are in my collection of wii games. I like to think I don't pick crap games. :whistling:

Pretty good list thus far. I'm with CowKing and recommend the Conduit. It's a straight up FPS, and to that extent beats the Metroid Prime Collection, but Metroid wins easily for story. But, the Conduit does offer online multiplayer, though I'm not sure how many are still on that. There is also a sequel to the Conduit coming, so it may be best to wait for that (though you may find it used pretty cheap). Hopefully they'll fix it some. (In one game I got a ten kill streak, a six kill streak, and just got my sixth in another kill streak when the server crashed. Yes, all one game.)

I also recommend Super Paper Mario.