kage

PS with power and cables on same side

Im trying to find a power supply for which all connections are on the same side. so instead of having the AC power connection on the back and the DC power to the computer on the inside, i need it all on one side.

im trying to find a fairly inexpensive PS that i can put into a antec 3U rackmount chassis, the one i can find on their hardware specs says a NeoPower 650XR, but i cant find anywhere to buy one under a couple hundred bucks.

if it really comes down to it ill just have to mod one i already have to make it fit.

thanks

kyle

I found that PSU for ~$120 online but the pictures don't show it being anything out of the ordinary (the power plugs in the back just like any other PSU). Did Antec release different PSUs with the same model name? :blink:

something like this

http://www.nachnahmeversand.de/upload/uploads/1278587236/DSC00095.JPG

you see all plugs and connectors are one one side, the other side (external side) is just blank.

heres an image of the case:

http://media.createdigitalmedia.net/cdmu/images/storiespre2k6/antec_case.jpg

if you notice on the front right side of the case there is a part that is silver as opposed to the black of the case, that is the front of the power supply.

mine is a little bit different from that but almost the same, as if that image has been flipped horizontally, my PS is on the right side. the thing is the power AC plug is on the back of the case, but it just has a pass through, on the inside of the case it has a wire going to the front so although you put the AC power cable in the back of the case, the psu is in the front of the case. and all connections to the psu are made from the inside

heres a back view:

http://www.antec.com/images/400/3U25ATX300XPR_rear.jpg

on the right side of the back it LOOKS like theres a PSU there, fan and plug... but there is not, on the inside of that there is just another wire leading up to the front

its looking like i will be modding up something, to allow for the PSU connectors to come out the back instead of the front

Gotcha. I'll look around and post up if I find anything that's not out of stock.

The NeoPower 650XR seems to be a bit of a one and I haven't been able to find an equivalent.

Modifying one is probably your best option. You'll need something like the Mushkin Volta 600W power supply because there's plenty of room in that one.

i have never seen a server power supply like that, all the ones i have seen are the 1u supplys across the bottom, i look for one though i know some peoplewink.gif

i have never seen a server power supply like that, all the ones i have seen are the 1u supplys across the bottom, i look for one though i know some peoplewink.gif

ive never seen one like that either. i have a few 1u and 2u power supplies but nothing that will work without taking a drill to it ... it also has a weird scheme for bolting up, looks like the power supply is bolted down to the bottom of the case, as opposed to having the screws in the face of it.