Sign in to follow this  
Tiltentei06

Phenom II x6 1090T

Any suggestions about what voltage i should use for stock speeds. Heard the default voltage is 1.375, but maybe it can be pushed down to 1.2-1.3v ?

Good replies might save me some time running different settings and torture tests.

1.35 is the default voltage, I don't see the need to under volt it it runs cool enough already.

Yeah i got under room temps on it now. shows up as 1.4v in cpuz.

Il adjust it down a bit then, and run some tests . Cheers

Yeah i got under room temps on it now. shows up as 1.4v in cpuz.

Il adjust it down a bit then, and run some tests . Cheers

Wait a sec -

First off - you aren't under room temp unless you have a chiller/peltier or something.

Second - why are you trying to undervolt at stock (or even change the voltage at all)?

Third - 1.4 volts is over the stock voltage, not under. There's no point to changing it at stock speeds anyway.

Wait a sec -

First off - you aren't under room temp unless you have a chiller/peltier or something.

Second - why are you trying to undervolt at stock (or even change the voltage at all)?

Third - 1.4 volts is over the stock voltage, not under. There's no point to changing it at stock speeds anyway.

Undervolting saves power and if he isnt overclocking why not?

Why not get the 1055T if you're not going to overclock it, but undervolt it, instead?

I have to agree here, shoulda got the 1055T

it shows 1.4v in cpuz because of the cpupll voltage is kicking in while its runing like I said 1.35v is stock. even if you undervolt you temps can't drop below ambiemt temps, I have mine under water and it still at room temp or just above to be honest and I'm OC'ed to 4ghz.

Under volting wont save any power because the cpupll voltage will just adjust to keep the chip stable.

it shows 1.4v in cpuz because of the cpupll voltage is kicking in while its runing like I said 1.35v is stock. even if you undervolt you temps can't drop below ambiemt temps, I have mine under water and it still at room temp or just above to be honest and I'm OC'ed to 4ghz.

Under volting wont save any power because the cpupll voltage will just adjust to keep the chip stable.

than you adjust the cpupll voltage :rolleyes:

Unless the chip is the absolute worst chip in the batch, it should be able to run stock speeds at lower than 1.35v stable.

The amount saved undervolting if you ran the unit 24/7 would be dollars........... Not worth it.

it shows 1.4v in cpuz because of the cpupll voltage is kicking in while its runing like I said 1.35v is stock.

The CPU PLL voltage isn't what's displayed in CPU-Z nor is it a huge contributor to temperatures...

The amount saved undervolting if you ran the unit 24/7 would be dollars........... Not worth it.

It's free to do why not :rolleyes: