Sign in to follow this  
skyfujin

RoseWill ARMOR case

Hello,

I just ordered this case on Friday. It is shipped and should be here by Wednesday. I would love to see some feedback on this case, or some reviews. However I cannot seem to find any reviews for this case anywhere on the web. The only thing I found about it was on this forum, one member posted a preliminary after receiving the case, but never followed up with any feedback on the build.

Does anybody else here have this case and a system built with it? If so I would love your feedback on the case and I would love even more some screenshots of the built system. Also what hardware are you using in it and how cool does it stay? Another thing, just how bad of a problem has dust been for you? It is almost a full mesh case, would love to know just how problematic dust is with it.

Guest ajmatson

It has great reviews so far on Newegg. I would love to see some pics and your opinions when you get it.

It has great reviews so far on Newegg. I would love to see some pics and your opinions when you get it.

Yea I read all of the reviews before I chose it. It looks like a nice case to me, and as long as it has good solid construction and everything on it is built well then the only problem I can forsee with this case is dust build up, though I have that as a horrid problem with my current case and it is not even a mesh design. I will definitely post back when I this arrives and I have a chance to put everything together. Maybe I can get some pics of the build as well.

Rosewill does not inspire any confidence to me. I'm taking from my own experience.

Yea, thats what I first thought when I saw it. I have never purchased any RoseWill products, but I know it is not a great manufacturer. Though I have seen lots of mixed reviews on NewEgg over the past couple years, some good some bad. We will see I guess. It looks like a nice and well built case from what I can see, I just wanted to get the thoughts of anybody who may already be using one.

I received it yesterday in good order and put a quick build together. Everything is working nicely except for the HDD LED witch I think may be my mobo. I just threw everything in there really, and didn't take too much time for cable management yet. While I was actually pleasantly surprised by the size of the case, the small attempt I did make so far at working the cables neatly posed a bit of a problem. There really isn't much room at all behind the mobo tray for running the cables and in order the get the back panel on I had to limit the amount of cables I ran back there. I'll put a bit more effort into that a later time, for now I just wanted to make sure everything on the case was in good working order.

The only real problem I ran into so far was the HardDrive mounting system. The brackets will only fit on my HDD's in a manner where they are sitting backwards from the direction they were intended to face, so the back ends of the drives have to face out toward the front panel, witch makes it harder to route the cables neatly.

All in all I am satisfied with the overall build quality of the case(especially considering it replaced a XION Dazl). Since my old case was a massive dust magnet anyways, I don't see the mesh providing me too much of a greater issue then I already had. I have a solution in mind already when I get some money. Going to buy some electric duster so I can have a permanent solution over the quickly expendable disposable cans.

Major Plus to this case: No Plastic front panel! and no plastic hinged door!(check out the XION Dazl to see why that is a big deal to me).

Looks nice! I like how you can mount the 3.5" and 5.25" from the direction you're facing. I hate having to install an additional hard drive by having to remove the video card on most mid-towers. Even though it doesn't look as pretty when the back end of the 3.5" is facing towards you, it's at least easier to unplug and replace without having to unplug the opposite side panel.

Looks nice! I like how you can mount the 3.5" and 5.25" from the direction you're facing. I hate having to install an additional hard drive by having to remove the video card on most mid-towers. Even though it doesn't look as pretty when the back end of the 3.5" is facing towards you, it's at least easier to unplug and replace without having to unplug the opposite side panel.

Thanks.

Yea I was getting real tired of having to take both panels off and unscrew 8 screws to take out both hard drives everytime I wanted to access my front panel with my old case. This one I can just slide the whole hard drive rack out, and there is plenty of room for the video cards.

Edited by skyfujin

the wires could be better take more advantage of the holes but it looks like it has everything it needs to be a great case

I agree they could look a lot better. However they only look cluttered from the side view. As you can see from the angled shot, they are not as cluttered as they look in the first shot. But anyways, I had 3 cords that I needed to run through to top hole and bottom hole. Two coming from the bottom out the top and one coming from the top out the botton. The main power connector and a 4pin molex cable need to run from the bottom hole and out the top hole, and the bundle of wires from the fan led switch and front IO panel need to run through to top hole and out the bottom hole. I would have run the main power cable out of the second hole, but that would interfere with the SATA ports. One other problem was this, I have two 4pin molex cables on my PSU, witch each is pretty long. The problem is I need to plug in 3 things that are all separated with a big gap. The IDE harddrive on the very bottom of the case, the LED light fan switch at the very top of the case that sits right over the top of the DVD drive, and the 4pin molex plug on my motherboard witch sits below the CPU heatsink offset to the left closer to the rear of the case. So basically I had to plug one of the mid 4pin molex plugs on the top of the case into the LED Light switch, and then run the end of the molex cable across the motherboard over the top of the video card to the 4pin molex plug on the motherboard. Basically that explains the slight clutter at the top of the case, but other then a slight visual nuisance, it still provides good airflow the way I have set it up, and best of all, no massive cramming of cables in the vacant optical drive bays like my old case!

I appreciate your comment though, and any tips you have on how I can clean up the wiring that I have done so far based on what you can see from the shots, I would be much appreciative for any suggestions.

I'm thinking about getting me one of these, its pretty much just a knock off Antec 300.

I don't understand this comment about the Antec 300 case. You mean this one? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129042

Edited by skyfujin