Dead Motherboard?

It seems as if my mobo id dead. i have my cpu, ram, and gpu in. It turns on for like a second then stays off for 5 seconds, then comes back on for one second and stays off for 5 and keeps doing this over and over. I tested it with another psu so its not my psu... took ram out and tried single channel no good, tried without gpu no good. the fans spin and you can see all four of the mobo lights on. took out processor and re seated cooler. fairly new mobo got it in feb. 2010.

specs are gigabyte ga p55a ud3

corsair xms 3 1600 mhz dual channel ram

core i5 750

palit gtx 460 sonic platinum.

have my motherboard out on its box and thats all thats plugged in. I think i'll just RMA it but if you can help that will be great.

any friends with a 1156 socket board you could try your chip on, sounds like your gigabyte caught what mine had :-/

It turned out being my board, so it could be for you to but if you have another place to test the 750 I would try that first

any friends with a 1156 socket board you could try your chip on, sounds like your gigabyte caught what mine had :-/It turned out being my board, so it could be for you to but if you have another place to test the 750 I would try that first

unfortunately no, all my friends's computers are slow!! lol i have a really old computer that i tried my psu in and it was fine. tried it with my cpu out and still nothing. thanx for the suggestion!

Yep, sounds like a dead motherboard. I had the exact same thing happen to my extra 775 Gigabyte mobo, was a shame really.

Time to RMA it (if you have warranty or whatever) or put it on ebay for parts. :-/

Who knows??? Gigabyte seems like a reputable brand... but you never know

Oh I love my board still, but I keep reading EVERYWHERE that the boot loop is a Gigabyte thing, though I thought it was isolated on the 775 boards

Have you tried using only the white memory slots (3 and 4)? This board has had issues using DDR3 with the blue memory slots (1 and 2) that caused boot loops.

ya thats what i've been doing... already sent in my rma request thanks guys

• 3 years later...

I have a Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P and cannot get it to boot up to windows.

It keeps shotting down and restarting.

I start to see the bios memory test and then... starts up again.

Running an i5 750

Cooling with Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H50

I have unplugged all components from the mobo.

Flash bios.

Tested PSU voltages and all OK.

What's next.

Anyone has a mobo for sale?

I would like to test the same mobo, so I would not have to re-install everything.

Edited by pizeer