Ram not running at full speed

I am having a problem making the ram run at full speed, i had 1gb of ddr2 @ 553 and now i bought 4 gb of ddr2 @ 667 and i would really like to get that extra burst of speed. please tell me how i can get it running at max since my bios doesnt let me customize the speed. I have a dell dimension e510, please comment if you have any questions or answers, thank you.

EDIT: Can I use my old ram if i cant get my new ram to run at full speed? and donate my old ram to the video card even though my mobo only can handle 4 gb of ram?

Edited by stackrainer

If you're running it with lower clocked memory, it will run at the lower speed. The only way to run it at the full speed would be to overclock, which is impossible with the e510 (I know, I tried when I owned one.)

I used everest and it said i could use the 667 mhz speed on my motherboard. and no i am not using my new ram with my old ram.

If you dont mind me asking, why not 800mhz??

http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.aspx?model=Dimension%20E510

seems your motherboard can run that too, it's weird that it wont step up to 667mhz

go into bios and set extreme memory profile if it i there, maybe thats only with new boards...

his is a dell motherboard, probably nothing like that :( .

Maybe try posting on a dell forum or contacting technical support