Case and PSU

Here we go, time to get a new PC and first I need to get a case and PSU. No parts will be reused from my current build, so all new.(Non internals/externals come first, so that the internal important stuff comes when the PC can be built so nothing gets outdated while waiting :))

What I am going for is a blue themed PC. So the inside will be blue(outside does not need to be blue, would prefer another color actually that goes well with blue). So keep that in mind please.

For the case I have been looking at the NZXT Phantom (White, since it fits better with blue IMO). Also I will probably get the 200mm fan with it since I read in the OCC's review that its probably better for the cooling if it is added.

For other suggestions, I am going for a Full Tower nothing below that please.

PSU I thought of the Antec TruePower Quattro 1000

It fits with blue due to being white, and also fits with the case I thought of. Yes 1000 watts. It seems these new cards are just pulling more and more power so its always safer to go higher ^_^.

Are these options good or are there better ones out there? My budget for BOTH case and PSU is $350 but I can go up to $360.

Edited by Krieg1337

The Antec Quattro 1000W is a great power supply but I hate that white racing car number type stripe but then it's not me that's buying it, is it?

There are very few blue themed power suppllies about. The Mushkin Volta and Joule power supplies, if you can find them, have the option of a blue fan light if that's what you like? I prefer single 12V rail power supplies myself and the Corsair HX850W is worth a look, the labels are blue as well.

The Antec Quattro 1000W is a great power supply but I hate that white racing car number type stripe but then it's not me that's buying it, is it?

There are very few blue themed power suppllies about. The Mushkin Volta and Joule power supplies, if you can find them, have the option of a blue fan light if that's what you like? I prefer single 12V rail power supplies myself and the Corsair HX850W is worth a look, the labels are blue as well.

With blue themed I mainly meant blue LED's and Blue fans, for the PSU its not that important, I just don't want a lets say yellow PSU, it wouldn't fit at all :)

The corsair may actually be a better choice as it is more modular therefore better cable management.

With blue themed I mainly meant blue LED's and Blue fans, for the PSU its not that important, I just don't want a lets say yellow PSU, it wouldn't fit at all :)

The corsair may actually be a better choice as it is more modular therefore better cable management.

I don't know! Yellow and blue go together quite nicely don't you think? :lol: