1 Year Proyect Build

Fragsman

Hi, Im again here with my build.

I started it one year ago. I didnt bought it because im trying to finish university and I have not much free time to play (Yes I want compter for playing, and others stuff aswell).

I will probably buy at end of this year or start 2011.

The Idea was and is still the same

I7 920 (now also thinking in Phenom X6 1055t)

Asus P6T (if intel)

GTX 460 1GB (In the past I saw the 280-295gtx but very expensive and DX10 only) (I do not consider ATI at all, I see too much people complaining about Drivers and at the end I dont see difference on price with NVidia)

PSU 750w (Im not sure about this how is recommendable. And it tends to be very expensive component if its CoolerMaster 850w for example)

Memory OCZ/GSkill/ETC 6GB 1600Mhz (worth to spend in 2000mhz)

Case - Any case available without liquid cooling.

HD 500Gb (seems everybody are building with SSD but what is the benefit? load a game in 2.5 less seconds?, SSD HDs are too expensive and I think no worth wasting at all).

Samsung 20" 2033SN (or similar but 20")

And after all this. Im asking myself.

How secure is to buy a whole PC on internet? Lets say Newegg, i dont know if they Ship to Argentina. Apart from the Price I see on the website I should add Importation Cost? I really dont know about this. Because if there are $100 - $200 dollar difference than buying in my country maybe worth the risk. (Im from Argentina)

Here a PC like this would be $1600-$1800 U$D ($AR 6400 - 7200) without OS, depending on the case and store prices.

I want game at decent FPS 30-40 any game of market of 2010-2011 at 1600x1050 AA 0/2x (no more) and Medium-High Graphics.

Any Ideas about build or InternetBuying will be highly appreciated.

It feels cool to post here because I have no doubt at all you know a lot of this matters.

Your build looks pretty good. If importation and parts are so expensive i would recommend that you get you're PSU more powerful than you currently need to put off replacing a couple more years(than you would have to w/ a 750). Newegg is great though they would probably charge a fortune to ship to Argentina. what PC part stores do you have do there? You should be able to get some stuff without importation.

Good luck.

Your build looks pretty good. If importation and parts are so expensive i would recommend that you get you're PSU more powerful than you currently need to put off replacing a couple more years(than you would have to w/ a 750). Newegg is great though they would probably charge a fortune to ship to Argentina. what PC part stores do you have do there? You should be able to get some stuff without importation.

Good luck.

Unfortunately Newegg does not ship internationally. :(

"Does Newegg.com ship internationally?

Newegg.com does not currently ship internationally; we only deliver to locations within the United States and to Puerto Rico."

Good luck.

hi, I appreciate your comment and other guy too! :wave:

Yes I can buy parts separately here.

I usually look on www.mercadolibre.com.ar where you can post it anything you want to sell. But if you go to "Computer" section you will find computer parts posted and offered by Computer SHOPs. Some of sellers are physical persons but most of them are Computer SHOPs with physical store.

Also there is a big big "shopping" on Buenos Aires where there are a lot of Computer Shops.

I analyzed to buy piece by piece but I GAIN NOTHING. In fact looks like build that way is the same or more expensive than Computer Store's combos offer.

I remember when I bought my current PC I had an idea and they totally changed my mind. They offered a Dual Core 820 2.8Ghz back in 2005 and I said no! give me the P4 630 64 bit 3Ghz T_T.. :doh: BIG mistake I made. Now dual and quad cores rules market.

The benefit to buying the computer piece by piece is the fact you build it yourself. So in that regard you do gain something (makes it easier if you want to upgrade eg, video card, CPU). If you don't care about building it yourself then yeah i guess a prebuilt computer is the way to go.