Video card Manufacturers

Video card brands  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What brand do you pick when buying a video card?

• Asus
    • AMD/ATI
    • eVGA
    • HIS
    • MSI
    • Palit
    • PNY
    • Power Color
    • Sapphire
    • XFX
    • Other (Say who you choose)
    • Brand doesn't matter to me

With so many options out there right now, it seems it all comes down to preference when picking your video card. Do you have a brand that you're loyal to? Or do you pick whoever is the cheapest? Or are you forced to pick a certain brand due to them only producing AMD or Nvidia cards?

Curious to see who has what out there and why. :)

Edited by sheldorisafk

I'm not picky in the slightest. :lol: I've used PNY, Chaintech, BFG, and HIS. The PNY is still going strong in my parent's computer. Been used for about.. 7 years and no issues at all. The Chaintech card may still be in use, I dunno for sure. I gave it to a buddy about 3 years ago but I haven't talked to him much since then. The BFG is dead, may it rest in peace. The HIS I'm using now, only had it installed since July but no problems at all.

Btw, I think your last choice should be "brand doesn't matter" :P

Ooh nice typo catch. Must have accidentally erased it. :doh:

Personally I don't have a preferred brand. But I do have to say I love XFX's customer service. I've had 3 cards from them, and they have been nothing but good to me when I have a problem. :)

Cheapest but oddly enough half of my cards I've owned were all BFG but only because that was what was cheapest when I was looking. Still sucks they went away :( , I wish they could have made AMD cards like XFX

Most companies are pretty good nowadays since they are trying to compete for the same dollar.

The companies that I have personally found that have gone that extra mile is XFX, Asus, Sapphire and Powercolor.

XFX takes the cake they have replaced a few cards for me through the RMA process and I get way better stuff in return. About two months ago I sent in one of my old 8800GTX's and I got a GTX 260 XXX in return. Of course it goes by what they have available but still damn good effort and fast response. I have had some other stuff as well that was returned for better stuff and I find them to be fast and quick.

Not personally a fan of EVGA but thats me.

PNY never used and prob never will.

Heh I can completely agree with you on PNY, Bosco. I've had issues with them in the past that turns me off from them.

XFX really does go the extra mile for their customers. I just wish they had made Fermi cards now!

XFX really does go the extra mile for their customers. I just wish they had made Fermi cards now!

Ya I was talking to them today about that very thing. I was saying how I really wished that they stuck it out because I would have loved to have gotten my hands on a XXX Editon of a 460 :(

Ya I was talking to them today about that very thing. I was saying how I really wished that they stuck it out because I would have loved to have gotten my hands on a XXX Editon of a 460 :(

*sigh* Well we can dream, Bosco. Here's to what could have been. :cheers:

XFX being a fermi producer would have really given eVGA a good bit of competition due to both having superb warranties. I still say XFX has the better customer service though. :)

Edited by sheldorisafk

I tend to buy whichever is the best bang-for-buck brand at the time - though I'm happy to pay a few extra bucks to get a non-reference cooler (provided it's a good one) with a decent color scheme.

Edited by Waco

I tend to buy whichever is the best bang-for-buck brand at the time - though I'm happy to pay a few extra bucks to get a non-reference cooler (provided it's a good one) with a decent color scheme.

I'll always drop a few more bucks for a non-reference cooler. The blower-style ones are just too noisy for me.

I am not faithful to any one brand. Things like pricing, features, performance,and current customer support reputation, all factor into my decision.

Ive purchased Zotac brand for my last two cards and have been totally happy with them. Ive also owned half the brands you have listed.