To excited to keep it contained

Ryu Hayabusa

Okay, so I got to brag/vent/run around screaming like a girl for a bit.

I've been stuck at a dead end job for the past 5 years at the helpdesk for a large company (subsidary of the evil company that had to be bailed out w/ BILLIONS of dollars of the taxpayers money). Well i've been hating my job for a very long time but stuck w/ it because there are not many (hell there are none) IT jobs where I am at and because I have bills to pay. Well a buddy of mine from work got a call from a good friend wanting him to be involved on the restructuring of a local bank's IT department. Well he gave the hiring manager my resume' and after 3 weeks, 3 long interviews, 2 broken ribs (my fault), and a crap ton of stress on my part, I got to do the thing that I have been dreaming to do for 4 1/2 years, turn in my two weeks notice. I hand delivered it to my HR rep and emailed it to my manager (who 1500 miles away). I am now officially a short-timer here and will start my new Junior Admin job in two weeks.

I know none of you probably care but I'm to damn excited to not say anything.

Edited by Ryu Hayabusa

Congrats! But I would say that running around like a little girl is no different that running around like a little boy -- perhaps just a bit more graceful. smile.gif

It was the whole screaming part that makes it like a little girl. biggrin.gif But now I've having a hard time finding motivation at my current job. I wished they'd say my services are no longer required because the new job wants me on Tuesday. Why do I have to do the right thing and give a full two weeks? This is going to be the longest two weeks I've had in a long time.

It was the whole screaming part that makes it like a little girl. biggrin.gif But now I've having a hard time finding motivation at my current job. I wished they'd say my services are no longer required because the new job wants me on Tuesday. Why do I have to do the right thing and give a full two weeks? This is going to be the longest two weeks I've had in a long time.

Congratulations on the new job and its great that you feel you are moving on. Stay professional, and diligent in your current job though and don't burn any bridges. You never know who you will end up working for or apply for a job from in the future.

Nice Job! I want to hear about these broken ribs though

Long story short, climbing over a couch instead of moving it is not a good idea. Especially when its the round part of a sectional. They tend to tip and the only thing I had to break my fall was the door knob. biggrin.gif Like I said, my fault.

Cant quite figure out how you did that but OUCH all the same.

I'm not sure either and I was there. I must be full of grace and coordination. However, my roommate, who saw the whole said, said it was quite funny (until I didn't get up).