Hack my password.

SpeedCrazy

I was given a XP computer problem is the person who gave me it did not know the password. How can i get on. What i want to do is; get on burn a recovery cd then format the drive. I tried using my old dell recovery disk but it "detects that this is not a dell system". Oh and i also need to know how to get the authenticity code.

Trinity rescue kit is pretty good too for removing passwords on XP. It's a little hard to figure out if you haven't used it before.

One thing you could do is boot into safe mode. Chances are, if the Administrator account is enabled, there is usually not a password on it. You may be able to go into that account through safe mode and remove the password on the other account. Is the computer factory made (HP, Gateway, etc)? If so, the CD Key is probably on a sticker somewhere on the computer. If you do not have one of these, you may need to purchase a new license for XP or whatever OS you would like to put on it.

I was given a XP computer problem is the person who gave me it did not know the password.

Reboot the computer and start it up in safe mode.

(press F8 when the windows logo comes up)

Then (if it is enabled) just log into the ADMIN account and change the password of the other usernames.

I also need to know how to get the authenticity code.

All legitimate OEM computer systems have the product key somewhere on the case of the PC.

Ok. I cant just use the Admin as admin is the only account and i have tried every stock password i can think of. It is a Gateway comp but the OS has been upgraded as it has a ME authenticity code on the side pannel.

And your all to late anyway, i got sick of it and just threw in 'Darik's Boot and Nuke' and burned a linux CD in anticipation. Only prob is 4 hours later its still trying to nuke it. On pass 2 i think. :sleep:

Thanks for all your suggestions.