The Movement!

Dariuas

So, with PS Move recently released, and Microsoft Kinect on the horizon, I thought this would be a good discussion to have!

I have played the Kinect quite a bit at E3, and at a work trade-show last week; I am impressed, and concerned all in the same

bucket. Its very neat to see; but I don't know if its going to be much more awesome then the original Nintendo Power Pad (which was

pretty awesome).

I also have a PS Move, and while its a lot of fun, I do not think its going to replace my controller any time soon. The Sports Champions Event

gets my fat butt off the couch, and I sure as hell break a sweat scrolling through those menu's :P (Ok, I'm not really that fat), but I think

it may quickly become a thing of the past. Now, one thing I saw on the Move that was extremely impressive was their Tech Demo, it

was a bunch of different uses for the PSM, and I would love to goof with that, but highly doubt that will ever make main stream.

Chime in, lets hear your thoughts.

What Krazy said...

We already have the Wii around, so really the only difference is that the 360 and PS3 can offer better graphics and probably more mature games. The only game that sparked my interest (though it did spark it quite a bit) from the E3 conference (jealous you got to be there) was the Wizard game title for the PS3. Seriously doubt I'll drop the cash to try it though.

I think that motion capture tech. like this is pretty neat, but there is no way it could replace a controller for action games, driving games, etc.. Any game that needs precision will probably not go well with motion control, because people would have to be good in real life to do those things and have it work on a precise controller, and people dont play games because they do the stuff in real life. I dont know about you, but I dont regularly rocket to another planet and kill aliens and then make it back in time to race some cars.

Out of all of them I think the PS Move is thew best option.

The camera tracking the glowing orb seems like a foolproof design.

:withstupid:

I'm also routing for it since I have a PS3 and dont feel like getting the wii for this :lol:

Waggle3D has some really good videos on the PS Move

Things like environment conditions to break the PS Move and how they perform in games (Motion games and patched in games like MAG 2.0). After seeing that MAG video I want to try it, but at $100 for the bundle I'll wait till the prices drop.

Edited by Krazyxazn