Sign in to follow this  
nVidia_Freak

L4D/L4D2 The Sacrifice/No Mercy (Thursday?!)

Not completely new, but it's not here.

For anyone that isn't aware, The Sacrifice campaign will be released this Tuesday for L4D1 and 2, and the original No Mercy campaign will be released for L4D2.

Both ought to be good. The difference between the L4D1/2 versions of The Sacrifice is that in L4D2, you get all the new special infected/weapons/mods.

More info. here, and a trailer below.

To celebrate, as it were, I've scheduled a few OCC gaming events on Steam so we can play through. Who's up for it? :biggrin:

I was hoping for more of a game night, like Deathmineral's movie night. An informal gathering of some people from OCC that want to play.

It's necessary to explain The Passing level for L4D2, which was released a while ago and is as such very late. Oh well. :teehee:

It's necessary to explain The Passing level for L4D2, which was released a while ago and is as such very late. Oh well. :teehee:

Wasn't the whole point of L4D was that there was no story attached? There's no need to explain why the zombies are there, who the Survivors are, or what happened.

It's you, it's zombies, it's fun. That was the whole premise of the first game. That's how it was advertised.

Anyway, leave me be, I'm just a fanboy ranting about.

Edited by tkrow21

In my opinion, L4D2 isn't as good as the first, the new infected are generally lame, and the gameplay suffers for it.

What he said.

As for the new DLC: The trailer seems pretty epic, though judging by Valves previous DLCs for l4d and l4d2, I'd say, if you've seen one, you've seen em all. It's always the same thing so although it's nice to have new content for the games I can't say that I'm excited for it.

The most I can hope for is that L4D1 becomes popular again for a while.

Wasn't the whole point of L4D was that there was no story attached? There's no need to explain why the zombies are there, who the Survivors are, or what happened.

It's you, it's zombies, it's fun. That was the whole premise of the first game. That's how it was advertised.

milk dat game valve, milk it guud.

I also hate what they've done with Team Fortress 2. I used to love it way back when it was vanilla and fresh out of the orange box. Now, it's just another casualy oriented fps/rpg game that tries to hard to be so many things at once and fails at all of them.

Edited by ballist1x

I was hoping for more of a game night, like Deathmineral's movie night. An informal gathering of some people from OCC that want to play.

Man I am all down for a game night....

we should totally do that.... assign a game for each night of the week and then on that night play that game...I would totally be down for that.... any takers?

Man I am all down for a game night....

we should totally do that.... assign a game for each night of the week and then on that night play that game...I would totally be down for that.... any takers?

If we have those games :lol:

I might be able to join you guys depending on the time that we play since tuesdays is when i do movie nights. (curse you valve! working against me with one of my favorite games!)