Some questions about a future rig.

DreadYXSG

hi! I've got 2 questions. First, let me list what the rig I'd like to get contains. Keep in mind I'll use it for gaming, fruity loops (I want faster rendering damnit) and other multimedia usage.

Intel Core i7 950 CPU

Asus Rampage III Extreme mobo

eVGA GTX 470

6 gigs of Corsair dominator (TR3X6G1600C8D)

WD Caviar black SATA III 1TB

LED LG W2486L-PF monitor

Sennheiser 350game headphones

LG GH22NS40 dvdwriter (I don't really need bluray, maybe later)

Razer lycosa, Roccat Kone

Corsair AX 1200W psu

CM 690 II Advanced

1. Some friends say i5 and i7 have no differences in games, so should I get an i5 750 and an Asus Maximus III Formula instead of the i7 950 and Rampage III Extreme?

2. I may dual sli in the future, so that's why I chose a corsair ax1200, but friends say that 1200w is overkill. Should I grab an AX850 instead?

3. Is that DVD Writer allright? Any other recommendations?

4. How about the memory?

5. Will all my hardware fit in that CM 690 II Adv. ?

6. About that headset, is it allright? I've seen most people really like it.

7. I heard the Razer Lycosa's rubber easily comes off after some time, so would there be a better alternative?

I don't really plan on overclocking that much, because idk... I never done it in the past and I'm afraid to...

1) What's the price difference between the two setups (keep also in mind that you'd have to buy a 2x2GB set instead of 3x2GB set of memory)

2) You could always go for dual 460 1GB's from the start for OC'd they pretty much become 470 strength and are cheaper/more efficient

3) I think LG makes good burners, is that the cheapest one? I just would never go with a Lite-On

4) I've noticed that often Corsair sticks cost too much, what is the cheapest 3x2GB 1600 CL8's you can find?? Memory is memory!

5) This I'm unsure of as I'm not the one to talk to about cases

6) I've heard good things about Sennheisers but again this is not my strong point

7) You could always save a little dough and get the Arctosa

8)You should OC eventually but if you plan to make sure you get a good CPU cooler!

1)

i7 950 + Rampage III Extreme = $890

i5 750 + Maximus III Extreme = $690

2)There's an $80 price difference between the GTX 470 and GTX 460

3)So the driver is ok?

4)The cheapest Corsair 3x2gb 1600 cl8 is CMP6GX3M3A1600C8 at about $210. the one I listed in my right is about 250$.

7)Is the Arctosa alright?

8)OK. I'll try in the future with an H50. =D

Ill get the something like a 950 or a 1000 watts will be better. ,the 1200W is a overkill,would rather get a 480 then a 470,i would go for the i7 950 since u dont have a budget prob.and since ur going sli u will need the dual x16 pcie thats only comes with i7s 1366 mobos.

1)

i7 950 + Rampage III Extreme = $890

i5 750 + Maximus III Extreme = $690

2)There's an $80 price difference between the GTX 470 and GTX 460

3)So the driver is ok?

4)The cheapest Corsair 3x2gb 1600 cl8 is CMP6GX3M3A1600C8 at about $210. the one I listed in my right is about 250$.

7)Is the Arctosa alright?

8)OK. I'll try in the future with an H50. =D

1) This one is purely up to you, if you think you will use all the rendering power of the i7 than go for that. Clock for clock they are pretty much the same for gaming (where the hyperthreading wouldn't matter)

2) Ya that's about the same as here in the states

3) I've never owned an LG Drive but have never heard anything bad about them

4) I meant cheapest sticks over all (aka not Corsair) for like what's the cheapest set you can find with those specs?? I bet there is an even cheaper kit for ya :)

7) It's pretty much the same keyboard but with out some (personally speaking) unnecessary bells and whistles.

8) Ya, that's a good cooler. We'll help ya do the job on it when all is together

an 850W would be an appropriate sized PSU for this machine with two 460's

1) Well... I don't really know, I'd kinda save some money too, but if you think I'll need that rendering bonus, I'll get it. I want to get ready for Crysis 2 and Portal 2, and play mostly valve games.

2) So, overall... GTX 470 or GTX 460?

4) I wanna stick with Corsair. They are truly the best.

7) Hmm... Okay...

8) Thanks.

I think I'll stick with the stock cooler 2-3 months and when I decide to OC, I'll get that H50. Or should I get it now?

1) Well... I don't really know, I'd kinda save some money too, but if you think I'll need that rendering bonus, I'll get it. I want to get ready for Crysis 2 and Portal 2, and play mostly valve games.

2) So, overall... GTX 470 or GTX 460?

4) I wanna stick with Corsair. They are truly the best.

7) Hmm... Okay...

8) Thanks.

I think I'll stick with the stock cooler 2-3 months and when I decide to OC, I'll get that H50. Or should I get it now?

1) This one I can't answer for you (outside gaming), if I were you I'd look up what processor intensive programs you'll be using and see if they use 4 cores or more if they only use 4 cores or less than the HT advantages wont be utilized (therefore get the i5) if most or all of them use more than 4cores than you'll see a big benefit with the i7.

2) I personally like the 460 since it's more efficient and costs less and performs around the same same as a 470 when OC'd. (Go look up some reviews and see what I mean)

4) Alright, I can't change your mind here it seems but atleast you found a Corsair kit that's $40 cheaper anyway. (though honestly...memory is memory...)

7) Look here and see what you're missing: http://www2.razerzone.com/LycosaMirror/comparisonchart/comparison.html

8) You're welcome!

It's up to you whether you want to get the cooler right away, you don't have OC right away but it'd save you the frustration of having to change coolers later if you're sure you're going to get the H50 anyway.

If you wouldn't mind, could you post up the link of where you're going to order your parts from?