FERMI 2 - CUSTOM water cooled DUAL STACKER 832 CASE

Its coming, just give us some time!

I agree with the previous comment that there is just so much empty space throughout the case design that it almost seems pointless.

I build my cases based on future expansion not for today :)

When i bought my stacker 830 nvidia edition, it was a HUGE case and not many cases like that were out back in 2007, Im glad i bought it though :) made for easy card installs :)

So what do the Computer cases have in them? Drives and PSU?

How will you secure the GTX 480s?

hi,

stacker 1 will have - radiator 360mm xchanger, koolance tms200 board, power supply and fans.

stacker 2 will have - power supply, hard drives, dvd drives, and fans. It will have room for a motherboard tray and i may put a mini itx board on there as a low powered surfer.

the gtx480s will be secured with a rear I/O plate (like the one found for sale at DANGERDEN or MOUNTAINMODS) which will be securely attached to the top of the case and to the acrylic display case once i get it made and attached.

Now you might ask "will it be easy to take the display case off?"

yes it will, it will simple sit on top, and screw into the i/o panel with 5 screws.

take a look at the i/o plates here

mountainmods link - you have to buy the tray and io plate together which i have already.

http://www.mountainmods.com/modular-motherboard-tray-10-pci-xlatx-p-533.html

dangerden link - http://www.dangerden.com/store/10-slot-i-o-shield-for-danger-den-or-custom-cases.html

I bought the mountainmods one because it has threaded inserts in the plate so it makes for an easier install to the acrylic display case once its made.

thanks for the reply

I think this build is much better thought out than the 11k render build.

Still really crazy though, at least you will be able to use this setup for every system you will ever have from now on.

11k render build: I have a lot of money, lets buy the most expensive stuff that has to be the best!

FERMI 2 build: I have a lot of money, lets build something that looks crazy and big but runs really cool/quiet!

I think this build is much better thought out than the 11k render build.

Still really crazy though, at least you will be able to use this setup for every system you will ever have from now on.

11k render build: I have a lot of money, lets buy the most expensive stuff that has to be the best!

FERMI 2 build: I have a lot of money, lets build something that looks crazy and big but runs really cool/quiet!

HAHA nice observation :) build your system for the future, not for today, it payed off the first time for me and will the second :)

the 11k system is a much more expensive system than mine. FERMI 2 alone was about 8500, and all my accessories are about 1500.

My thought is whats the point of having water cooling when its going to be just as loud as air cooling, so therefore :) your thoughts are correct.

I cant wait until its done :)

thanks for the comments guys!! keep it up

LOL

im attaching a file, its an excel sheet that i made up a week ago listing pricing of my system.

It includes all my accessories and stuff like G15 keyboard, G9 mouse, 3 monitors, G27 Wheel etc.

LOL a lot of you will be surprised, NOTE THIS IS A PRICE LIST WITH 3 CARDS :)

im only using 2 :P i sold the ftw.

My car didn't even cost that much :(

just wait til i dress this thing up :) its like a chick, shes prob really ugly when she wakes up, once she puts the makeup on, shes hot again. lol (not in all cases LOL )

you're dating the wrong women then. Ugly is still ugly.

No amount of glitter and paint will take something like this

13Picture%20011.jpg

and turn it into something like this:

ferrari-458-italia-b_460x0w.jpg

I appreciate the time and effort you put into planning it, But I personally think it's hideous. You're going to see all of the cables from the I/O panel to you various devices. (unless I missed where/how you said you were going to address that) But what you've ended up with there looks like some CoolerMaster - Mountain Mods bastard child

• Like 1

you're dating the wrong women then. Ugly is still ugly.

No amount of glitter and paint will take something like this

13Picture%20011.jpg

and turn it into something like this:

ferrari-458-italia-b_460x0w.jpg

I appreciate the time and effort you put into planning it, But I personally think it's hideous. You're going to see all of the cables from the I/O panel to you various devices. (unless I missed where/how you said you were going to address that) But what you've ended up with there looks like some CoolerMaster - Mountain Mods bastard child

itll look clean, no worries. I have few details i haven't mentioned yet and will soon

Kamaster,

First of all, thank you for sharing your fine effort with us here at OCC. I am pleased and surprised to see that many of the responses here are quite analytical and questioning. I would have thought that many responses would have been on the order of posters falling all over themselves with kudos and impressed remarks. Not the case.

I have built my own acrylic case in the past and the result was a pleasing effort for both myself and responsive posters in my work-log. Im saying this because I understand what it means to engineer and actually execute your ideas. Its a great feeilng. With all that said, I'll give you my two-cents.

I'll give you an "A" for effort, an "A" for overall execution of your design, and a "B" for the engineering of the actual design.

It is certainly a unique design. Its here that I have a question for you. The fact that you have the hardware seperated approximately two-feet apart. Won't that result in a kind of performance delay between all the working parts? I know in the real world it might hardly be noticed, but in such a high-performance machine, might this not effect some of the scores in competition testing? Looking forward to the results as many of the rest of us are. Good Luck and thanks again for the post.

Kamaster,

First of all, thank you for sharing your fine effort with us here at OCC. I am pleased and surprised to see that many of the responses here are quite analytical and questioning. I would have thought that many responses would have been on the order of posters falling all over themselves with kudos and impressed remarks. Not the case.

I have built my own acrylic case in the past and the result was a pleasing effort for both myself and responsive posters in my work-log. Im saying this because I understand what it means to engineer and actually execute your ideas. Its a great feeilng. With all that said, I'll give you my two-cents.

I'll give you an "A" for effort, an "A" for overall execution of your design, and a "B" for the engineering of the actual design.

It is certainly a unique design. Its here that I have a question for you. The fact that you have the hardware seperated approximately two-feet apart. Won't that result in a kind of performance delay between all the working parts? I know in the real world it might hardly be noticed, but in such a high-performance machine, might this not effect some of the scores in competition testing? Looking forward to the results as many of the rest of us are. Good Luck and thanks again for the post.

Thanks man, i really do appreciate your comments!

The main hardware (board, cpu, mem, graphics etc...) are on top and i set up everything in the case to be close to what its related parts are.

The CPU, MOBO, MEMORY loop is connected to the RIGHT stackers radiator which is 6" away horizontally and 14" vertically.

The GPU loop is connected to the monsta which is the same distance away.

The optical drives and hard drives are on the left side which is the side the connectors are on on the mobo, so a 18" sata cable is way more than enough.

The pumps are put near the radiators (6" away) and pull water from the reservoirs (10") away.

i placed the pumps further away from the reservoirs so that they are as close to the hardware they are cooling.

hope this explains a little more about the case, and i hope i understood your question about how the hardware is so far away.

thanks