FERMI 2 - CUSTOM water cooled DUAL STACKER 832 CASE

Wow! This is quite the detailed build...wouldn't fit under my desk, but it looks beastly! How much would it run to make a carbon insert like that for my G15? That looks incredible, kudos to you on that one :)

Thanks man!!

If you were to order the carbon fiber (3m di-noc) and get it shipped, it would run you about 30-35 bucks than you would have to put the 2 hours of labour time into doing it.

THere are cheaper vinyls out there, they give or take give the same look, they would run you about 20-25 bucks to your door.

If i were to do it for you, with material i have (di-noc), I'd charge ya 45 bucks, just have to ship your keyboard to me, and back. (the cheaper vinyl would run you 35 bucks)

If you wanted a brand new keyboard, done up, it would be 160 plus shipping.

I plan on exploring different colours and types of vinyls with different models of keyboards in the future.

Stay tuned

Here are some more pics!!

I got a budy of mine to cut some lettering out of the vinyl, the stuff is really thick, so i had to go back and fully cut it with an xacto knife.

end result is what you see :)

ill be using 2 - RED ultra bright leds for each reservoir (1 bottom, 1 top) to light it up showing the name FERMI.

The font i used is called RADIKAL (yes with K)

IMG_0439.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

• 1 month later...

Ok update.

with a little practice, patience and correct measuring, I finished 1 cable (8pin Cpu)

I used sleeving and heatshrink from MDPC-X

I used Black, Red and white.

Wiring was done with 18ga automotive wiring.

I used 3 colours of wiring(black, red, white) to match the sleeving

Let me know what you think!

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0541.jpg

IMG_0540.jpg

IMG_0539.jpg

Here is the 24 ATX cable.

Only did the first 12 wires, ill do the others tomorrow.

sorry for the crappy pics, took fast pics, cant wait to use an dslr

Let me know what you think

IMG_0546.jpg

IMG_0545.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg

IMG_0543.jpg

Nice job!

Im starting a case mod for my 600t, it isnt as crazy as yours but im putting 2 480mm rads on the top and replacing all the plastic bezels with milled aluminium and adding a side window. I will be WCing the cpu,ram,mobo and 2x 6970s (maybe 3 someday)

I love those sleeved cables, how long does each wire take?

Nice job!

Im starting a case mod for my 600t, it isnt as crazy as yours but im putting 2 480mm rads on the top and replacing all the plastic bezels with milled aluminium and adding a side window. I will be WCing the cpu,ram,mobo and 2x 6970s (maybe 3 someday)

I love those sleeved cables, how long does each wire take?

I love the 600t case, it is probably my favourite corsair case :)

Milling aluminum would be a sweet idea :) make sure u plan, and replan, and than measure, and remeasure :) something i learned very quickly :) with modding!!

What i do is, i make the wires with the atx pins (so if i need to make an 8pin eps, ill make 8 wires) than i go ahead and cut all the sleeving tailored to each specific wire, than i start putting the heatshrink on and attaching the wires.

The idea is to do things that are similar so you get into a groove and it gets faster.

So each wire from start to finish takes me about 5 mins start to finish. When i first started it was more like 10 mins.

practice makes perfect, but you do need to be very picky with regards to tolerances.

Good luck with the 600T, i love that case, maybe ill buy one in the future, as for now, ill be finishing up fermi 2, than building another custom system (it will be a lot smaller) for those who have said its too big :)

regards

• 2 months later...

Finally UPDATE :)

Powder coated 90% of the parts black

Put the carbon fiber on the middle part, (rear io panel needs some cf love soon)

put a quick mock up to give you guys a quick idea

excuse the wiring, lol especially the pci-e cable lol that was part of my first attemp at wiring. Im not liking the colour scheme of the 24pin, i might change it up a little.

enjoy the pics

IMAG0156.jpg

IMAG0160.jpg

IMAG0163.jpg

IMAG0164.jpg

IMAG0180.jpg

IMAG0181.jpg

IMAG0195.jpg

IMAG0190.jpg

IMAG0168.jpg

IMAG0170.jpg

IMAG0204.jpg

IMAG0210.jpg

Thanks man!!

If you were to order the carbon fiber (3m di-noc) and get it shipped, it would run you about 30-35 bucks than you would have to put the 2 hours of labour time into doing it.

THere are cheaper vinyls out there, they give or take give the same look, they would run you about 20-25 bucks to your door.

If i were to do it for you, with material i have (di-noc), I'd charge ya 45 bucks, just have to ship your keyboard to me, and back. (the cheaper vinyl would run you 35 bucks)

If you wanted a brand new keyboard, done up, it would be 160 plus shipping.

I plan on exploring different colours and types of vinyls with different models of keyboards in the future.

Stay tuned

Damn, not bad! I'll have to see what kind of fundage I have available when I get paid again (already getting an SSD lol) because that keyboard looked completely badass! Props on the level of detail with this build, it reminds me a lot of the honda builds I have worked on with friends :)