KAMASTER

FERMI 2 - CUSTOM water cooled DUAL STACKER 832 CASE

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally I have gotten a chance after a long long while to get some new pics!!!!!!

Here are some new pics regarding:

1. Carbon fiber vinyl

2. Installing the carbon fiber vinyl on many components of the case

3. Wiring plate (tell me what you think of it)

4. New Brace system using 1" x 1" aluminum tubing welded

5. All water blocks installed and final tubing assembly done!

6. G15 Keyboard wrapped in carbon fiber vinyl

Ok here we go, there are 51 pictures :)

Enjoy

OK finally my G15 keyboard wrapped in carbon fiber vinyl.

You will notice that i didnt have the G15 name on the right side cut out yet, i had to get a new blade for my xacto knife to cut it out.

let me know what you think!!

If anyone wants to get this mod done, let me know, we can set something up!

IMG_0361.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

IMG_0363.jpg

IMG_0367.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

Ok, so here is the wiring hub/plate.

The wiring will pass through from inside the case to the top through this hub.

All the connectors will simple sit flush with it and i just plug any wire i need to the graphics cards.

I basically measured the connectors, and made up a drawing in CAD, than had them waterjetted!

the results are awesome :)

FIRST

I had to cut the hole through the middle part of the case (see pics)

than wrap the hubs :)

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0380.jpg

IMG_0381.jpg

OK, so a while back i posted a drawing of a new brace system for the middle part so that its more rigid and stable

I used 1"x1"x1/16" aluminum square tubing, and welded them to the middle section.

I than used whats called INSERT-A-NUT (insert nuts) into them so i can screw down the top peice.

Basically threaded inserts, but they are not put in with a rivet tool, instead they use a nut, socket head bolt and alen wrench.

The welds were done with this stuff called ALLADIN aluminum brazing rods, basically you heat up the metal until its hot enough (700deg) and than scrape the brazing rod on and it forms a weld, pretty sweet stuff. Had to use a MAP GAS torche so that it would get hot enough.

here are the pics from the underside.

IMG_0419.jpg

IMG_0421.jpg

IMG_0426.jpg

Very very nice build you have here! :thumbsup:

I especially love the carbon fiber on your keyboard - it looks sick!

Just a question about the carbon fiber on the vents however. Are they airvents which you have covered? If so, have you made sure that they wont restrict the amount of air flowing into your case and/or make your fans work extra hard to pull the air through?

Very very nice build you have here! :thumbsup:

I especially love the carbon fiber on your keyboard - it looks sick!

Just a question about the carbon fiber on the vents however. Are they airvents which you have covered? If so, have you made sure that they wont restrict the amount of air flowing into your case and/or make your fans work extra hard to pull the air through?

THanks man!! I love the keyboard too!! one day i want to try some with different colour carbon fiber vinyl (red, blue)

As for the vents, there is a spot right under the mesh for a fan to exhaust the air out. The case will have 7 120mm fans, 1 - 92mm fan, and 2- 200mm fans for bringing in cool air and such, each radiator will have 6 fans in a push pull configuration, and 3 fans acting as shrouds. Once things are done, you will get a better idea of the airflow, a lot of people complain about the size and void, but i like airflow, the concept is to have a lot of room to put whatever you want!

THe top of the case is getting an acrylic display which i will be getting built this week :)

cheers

Wow! This is quite the detailed build...wouldn't fit under my desk, but it looks beastly! How much would it run to make a carbon insert like that for my G15? That looks incredible, kudos to you on that one :)