.rar files

SpeedCrazy

Ok Here is the problem.

I have downloaded Autodesk 3DS MAX, when part 2 is finished it asks to be uncompressed. Okay, i open up winRAR and uncompress it. Then i lauch the installer, it gets so far then tells me to download file 2. ????? I direct it to the folder where i uncompressed the file to, and lo and behold there as 7 different folders in there and none of them contain anything it will accept. So it tells me i downloaded corrupt files and to delete the files and try the download again!!!!! I have done this 5 times, same result. What am i doing wrong? And dont tell me to go to autodesk. Their website leads in circles with no contact details anywhere, the email i got with all the download info gave a link for help installing but that leads to a PDF document which leads you through the steps acting on the premise that everything works fine.

:angry::doh::vmad::wallbash: Autodesk---> :slap: <---me

EDIT: sorry if that turned into a rant.

Edited by SpeedCrazy

Try directing it to the second file without extracting it. If that doesn't work you could try putting the first and second .rar files in the same folder and right-clicking on the first one and saying 'extract here' like El Capitan said.

Edited by TheHippi

This is why I always use 7-zip anymore. 7-Zip is (thank god) freeware and it manages to do an excellent job of decompressing tons of different formats. I remember I had an issue with a .rar file from Direct2Drive and they specified to use 7-Zip because others caused problems. Try it out and lets hope that was the issue (which sounds just like the one I had when I used WinRAR for the .rar from D2D).

• 4 weeks later...