OCC Blog or Price History Chart

El_Capitan

Just wondering, why not start an OCC blog section? Moderators or Reviewers could share snippets of technical news, or share a couple of interesting discoveries that have nothing to do with reviews (like creating your own multi-touch monitor or phase change unit, or experimenting with PhysX configurations, etc.).

Another thing that would be pretty cool, is to have a Price History Chart. Everyone put down an item that they bought, where they bought it, and how much it cost. If it was a combo item, then the combo savings divided by the units they bought. That way, everyone can see where people are buying these items, for how much, and what the cost difference was from when the previous people bought theirs.

Recording the prices of every member's purchases sounds like the most uninteresting, tedious, and unrewarding job I can think of, lol... count me out :lol:

I guess looking at depreciation is sort of interesting in a sense, but it's also somewhat pointless in documenting it (at least IMO), since computer parts generally *always* depreciate, and I don't see the advantage of knowing how much something has depreciated by, when you could just create a resale value (e.g. 66% of original value) or look at the final value for "completed listings" on eBay if you want to sell something

As for the blog... well, you can find non-review news on the homepage, there is an Overclockersclub.com page on Facebook...

Is it that you'd rather see this type of stuff in a different format? Or is it that you want different news?

Neither do i. Fight the trend. I don't wish to give out my personal info, or be bombarded by all that mass of people who try to friend you but don't care a penny that you even exist. My friend got on there a while back, she got something like 500 friend requests in 2 days. Needless to say she ditched it. I probably don't know that many people(well outside chance) let alone want to share my day to day happenings with them. Don't do it, you will never miss what you don't have, and if you get it you'll regret it. I for one spend to much time at my PC without facebook.

My $00.02. :doh:

On this note, maybe having one huge chart that shows where all of the graphics card stack up, or at least the ones that were done on the same machine in one huge chart, including the older generations. That way you can get a quick comparison of something that has already been reviewed. That's my $0.02, and let me know if it's not clear...