Just started Overclocking Phenom II 955be

Meteora

Maybe 2%. The Bandwith is never entirely used. 2% is on some benchies not all.

I agree. I'm not trying to contradict you, what you say is basically true, 2% is nothing in the real world so whether its 2 x X16 or 2 x X8, same thing really. I find the performance figures at 2 x X4 and 2 x X1 really surprising though!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if i can justify shelling out another $150.00 to get a 2% performance gain by running them in x16 x2 , But i would be curious to see for myself what performance / fps increase i would get.

I ran occt by the way, 0 errors and the settings i still have

I agree. I'm not trying to contradict you, what you say is basically true, 2% is nothing in the real world so whether its 2 x X16 or 2 x X8, same thing really. I find the performance figures at 2 x X4 and 2 x X1 really surprising though!

+1....... To me 2% is no real gain. We are on the same page. Funny thought. I bought a Gigabyte X58-UD3 for my i7 930 and pull higher overclocks and performance as most do with a Rampage III. If your not going to utilize all the 16X slots, that board is a epic waste of money IMO

Edited by Drdeath

I don't know if i can justify shelling out another $150.00 to get a 2% performance gain by running them in x16 x2 , But i would be curious to see for myself what performance / fps increase i would get.

I ran occt by the way, 0 errors and the settings i still have

Well @100FPS expect 1 or 2 frames higher.... Thats it.

With fraps running i just ran a benchmark on a multiplayer map in Bad Company 2 (Yes i know online isn't the best way to get a benchmark) and i achieved 139 FPS for more then 70% of the map dipped as low as 52, 1920 x 1080 x16 AF x8 MSAA All high settings, and that's on my MSI 790GX-G65 board