Just started Overclocking Phenom II 955be

Meteora

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little bit of an update

still running it at 3.8 x19 CPU Multiplier 1.4000 , but i now havee my NB at x13 (2600) running at 1.2500 from x12 (2400) at 1.1000

Seems to be holding steady, kinda scared to go higher

wait I'm confused

so the NB is at 2400 or 2600 now?

2600, he said that he changed from 2400, to 2600 basically.

why would he raise the NB just because :huh:

anyway, I just realized that you said coolermaster V8 which isn't that great of a cooler. You may be limited by temps

LIke i said was going with a coolermaster theme or i would have chose differently, but yeah v8 isn't the greatest..

I have it running at -

CPU Multiplier - X19.5

CPU VID - 1.4125

NB Multiplier - x13

NB VID - 1.2500

Memory VDDQ - 1.500

CPU VDDQ - 1.432

NB Core Voltage - 1.100

CPU HT Voltage 1.200

HT Speed - 2000

NB Speed - 2600

Core Speed - 3900

Its holding at 53, and been running Prime95 for about 10 minutes now, gonna let it keep running while i am at work and that should be about 8hrs, wish me luck!

Depending on the multi, the NB should be between 2400-2600 until you find a decent OC. Play around with multi's sometimes there is a magic FSB(HTT). When you change the multi, the HTT and NB changes so you need to adjust both along with Hypertransport and memory dividers.

You should seriously look into getting a new Mobo. Right now you're only getting two X8 lanes for your 5870's. The 790GX chipset doesn't do full dual X16 lanes. Either the 790FX or 890FX is what you should be using, otherwise you're severely limiting your GPUs' performance.

I just upgraded my rig to the 890FX. It does dual X16, plus an X8, and an X1 lane. I only use 2 5850s so its more than adequate.

I also have 955be and haven't seen any noticeable difference in performance once I got over the 3.55-3.6GHz range. I'd say stay around 3.6 and start working on maxing your memory freq and timings. I'll be you'll see better performance and better temps.

Food for thought!

2 x 16X does not yeild any more performance than running in 8X. The bandwith is never fully used.

There's a very small performance loss of 2% when running 2 x 8X over 2 x 16X which is nothing in the real world is it?

There's an interesting article here for anyone that's interested, the performance when running two 5870 at X4 or even X1 are really unexpected?

There's a very small performance loss of 2% when running 2 x 8X over 2 x 16X which is nothing in the real world is it?

There's an interesting article here for anyone that's interested, the performance when running two 5870 at X4 or even X1 are really unexpected?

Maybe 2%. The Bandwith is never entirely used. 2% is on some benchies not all.